Iowa vs SDSU Gameday Thread

So winning the B1G is Iowa's only hope of dancing this season now.... and you want to know if I watch the selection process?
Yep. I’m wondering if you know how the selection works. It doesn’t work the way you are implying it does.

I hate to tell you but the top 4-5 teams in each P5 don’t automatically make it. This isn’t FBS football here. There are way more bids that go to schools outside the P5 and with Iowa’s schedule and these two losses it’s not happening. I don’t know what else to tell you I guess, maybe? If you want to live in la la land I guess that’s your prerogative.

So Wyoming was up on Louisiana by 12 at half. Currently up 16 with 3 minutes to go.
@InGoodCo these 2 losses are more than pre-season clunkers. They are horrible, and proof that at least right now, we are not a good basketball team. Even if Fran turns it around to respectability, it's going to be too late to even come close to touching the NCAA Tournament. Our RPI is going to be way too low at the end of the year.

@InGoodCo these 2 losses are more than pre-season clunkers. They are horrible, and proof that at least right now, we are not a good basketball team. Even if Fran turns it around to respectability, it's going to be too late to even come close to touching the NCAA Tournament. Our RPI is going to be way too low at the end of the year.
@InGoodCo doesn’t consider RPI or strength of schedule when he’s posting. Only W/L and conference finish. Which doesn’t work.

Yep. I’m wondering if you know how the selection works. It doesn’t work the way you are implying it does.

I hate to tell you but the top 4-5 teams in each P5 don’t automatically make it. This isn’t FBS football here. There are way more bids that go to schools outside the P5 and with Iowa’s schedule and these two losses it’s not happening. I don’t know what else to tell you I guess, maybe? If you want to live in la la land I guess that’s your prerogative.

Man, we got Joey f'ing Brackets here. If Iowa finishes top 3 in the B1G, there is 0% chance of them being left out of the field.

@InGoodCo doesn’t consider RPI or strength of schedule when he’s posting. Only W/L and conference finish. Which doesn’t work.

Both Louisiana and SDSU are going to be around the 150's for RPI - there are going to be at least 5 at large teams in the field with worse RPI loses. You guys... come on meow.

I disagree that the tournament is out of question. I toyed around on the RPI calculator for a few minutes and think it is still well within reason.

Wyoming beats Louisiana 70-61.

Louisiana scores 80 on Iowa then puts up 61 on Wyoming the next day. Louisiana shoots 14.8% from 3 vs Wyoming, and 33% from the field. They shot 50% from the field vs Iowa. Apparently defense matters

I disagree that the tournament is out of question. I toyed around on the RPI calculator for a few minutes and think it is still well within reason.

Of course it is. But it's a little known fact that Joe Lunardi actually posts on this board and he says no way.

There you go again, like a monkey throwing poop with no argument.

Good lord Fry.... I have an argument, a very sound one. If Iowa were to somehow, miraculously - against all odds, finish the season top 3 in the B1G, they're dancing. That's IS my argument. You're argument is there is 0% chance of it happening now due to this weekend. That is so factually incorrect that I don't know where to begin, yet you call ME on it and say I am being dramatic and saying I am having a temper tantrum. It's funny. I am laughing at you.

Run those #'s up the ladder past Fryowa and see what he says first.

Well this is college sports and anything "could" happen. Iowa "could" tear off 13 wins in the B1G and make the dance, but I think most of us are fairly confident that would be a miracle.

As for Fry, man you got to know by now that football and basketball seasons are done as soon as they start for him lol. Pessimism is an Art and he is Pablo Picasso.

Run those #'s up the ladder past Fryowa and see what he says first.
I already said what I thought was going to happen. The point when I need message board validation is the point when I should stop reading message boards.

Hint.

Latest posts