Iowa vs SDSU Gameday Thread

Weak sauce. You have now flopped on the floor and resorted to tantrums.

What's next? "I know you are but what am I?"

No, but you said Iowa has no shot at the NCAA. That it's over, kaput. That is something you said. 5 games into the season. I strongly disagree and I would say that is a dramatic response.

No, but you said Iowa has no shot at the NCAA. That it's over, kaput. That is something you said. 5 games into the season. I strongly disagree and I would say that is a dramatic response.
Unless you think they're going to run out the rest of the non-con and win the Big Ten, it is. I don't know how you're thinking it would happen. Enlighten us of the plan...

I hope you never have to take a witness stand.

I would make a killer witness. You guys ran with my post. I asked ... Now the McCaffery boys suck? And you both went off on me - started calling me dramatic. OK... if you guys say.

If they win the BIG title or the tourney title. (0% chance) They do not have a strong enough schedule to recover from the hole they have dug themselves. NCAA tourney is a pipe dream. (reality)

So, and again, this is hypothetical or course, because the games haven't been played. It's also highly unlikely considering the way Iowa has started the season. They don't look good at basketball ... at all. I am also known to be a drama queen too I've been told.. so excuse me when I say that this all seems premature and dramatic in response to some early season losses.

BUT.....

What you guys are telling me is...if Iowa finishes 3rd in the B1G this season, we're not dancing. If they finish 2nd. We're not dancing. 1st. Nope. Can't recover from this. 4th? No shot either. 5th? Wow, now I'm just being crazy right? F me, I know you guys like to tie things in bows before it happens, but it might be a slight over reaction.

Yes, but he also does football and that takes priority. I guess.
In 7 years we have gotten 2 7 seeds, a play in game,and some NIT's. I have always had hope that we could take the next step. But it's the same old thing; weird rotations, unwillingness to call a timeout when it appears it's desperately needed, poor parameter defense, and lack of athletic parameter players. The list goes on and on. Why should we expect any different results after year of mediocre play? I was positive about the upcoming season until I actually saw them on the floor and see all of the same issues we always seem to have. AT some point you just have to admit we are a below average program under Fran. It's a step up from the last coach, but don't you want better? I get we aren't a blue blood, but wouldn't it be fun to make a sweet 16 run every once in awhile? Or be a legitimate contender at the top of the Big 10 standings. I get it can't be every year, but once in awhile??
spot on response, the perimeter defense and rotations are mind boggling. I understand the it’s early in the season but Fran will be still playing 12 guys in February.

So, and again, this is hypothetical or course, because the games haven't been played. It's also highly unlikely considering the way Iowa has started the season. They don't look good at basketball ... at all. I am also known to be a drama queen too I've been told.. so excuse me when I say that this all seems premature and dramatic in response to some early season losses.

BUT.....

What you guys are telling me is...if Iowa finishes 3rd in the B1G this season, we're not dancing. If they finish 2nd. We're not dancing. 1st. Nope. Can't recover from this. 4th? No shot either. 5th? Wow, now I'm just being crazy right? F me, I know you guys like to tie things in bows before it happens, but it might be a slight over reaction.
Do you not follow the selection process come spring time? Serious question; not picking a fight.

This team has so much talent and not 1 single clue. I am completely baffled how in the natural F they could be so bad. I will say that I have very little faith they will have a good season now. This season could be the biggest black eye of Fran' s career. He better figure out a way to turn this around because there is way to much talent to stink this bad.

BUT.....

If Iowa finishes 2nd in the BIG, it is going to be a God Awful year for the conference. 0.0001% chance Iowa finishes 2nd in the conference. (that % is close to hell freezing over)

We just got fooled, kids. This team just isn't good. At all. Probably the best thing to do is let Connor play baseball again and redshirt basketball, take our lumps, and play the freshmen and sophs like crazy. Maybe they get better later in the season, but they aren't getting an at-large bid anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Do you not follow the selection process come spring time? Serious question; not picking a fight.

Do you? If Iowa finishes top 3 or 4 in the B1G they are dancing irregardless of what happens this weekend. Now, I am not saying that will happen. It certainly doesn't look that way. But stop with saying the chances are now are gone. It's so dumb. Last season after they started off horribly and dropped the UNO game, every one said the same thing... yet Iowa could have easily played their way in or out of it down the stretch and missed it by 1 game. I get it, things look bleak, but tell me saying "there's 0 chance, kaput, NCAA dreams are NOW over" is not being the dramatic one in this situation.

Unless you think they're going to run out the rest of the non-con and win the Big Ten, it is. I don't know how you're thinking it would happen. Enlighten us of the plan...

So winning the B1G is Iowa's only hope of dancing this season now.... and you want to know if I watch the selection process?

My expectations before the year were Iowa would be a bubble team and go to the NIT but I didn't imagine that we would struggle this much this early on

BUT.....

So ... you honestly - straight face - BELIEVE that there is a legitimate (i.e. >50%) chance that this Iowa basketball team is going to finish > 5th place in the B1G14? Wait, I'll do ya one better ... you believe that there is a greater chance they will finish >5th and get selected to the NCAA than they will be left out of the NCAA?

You do understand that if you say any less %, then you are defining it as "unlikely", which means you honestly don't believe it; that it immediately becomes a moot point; that you concede to Fry and tk and you are doing nothing more than flaming right to the very end because you've painted yourself into such a tight kumbaya corner.

I am disappointed and frustrated, just feel like this team and program is and will be good. It's not good now, but I have a lot of faith in the staff. I am gonna take a break from HN, enjoy the season.
Do you? If Iowa finishes top 3 or 4 in the B1G they are dancing irregardless of what happens this weekend. Now, I am not saying that will happen. It certainly doesn't look that way. But stop with saying the chances are now are gone. It's so dumb. Last season after they started off horribly and dropped the UNO game, every one said the same thing... yet Iowa could have easily played their way in or out of it down the stretch and missed it by 1 game. I get it, things look bleak, but tell me saying "there's 0 chance, kaput, NCAA dreams are NOW over" is not being the dramatic one in this situation.
You and I and everyone else knows this team isn't making the dance. You say people are being dumb if you want to, but deep down you know this season is over before it even gets started in terms of the tournament.

You and I and everyone else knows this team isn't making the dance. You say people are being dumb if you want to, but deep down you know this season is over before it even gets started in terms of the tournament.

Did I call anyone dumb? I missed that. All I have said is you can find double digit teams every season that had clunkers in the OOC that still dance. The season is 5 games in, not over or even close to over.

Latest posts