Iowa vs SDSU Gameday Thread

Maybe it's time for Barta to find employment elsewhere and the we can it the reset button on Iowa athletics.
Convince the donors and Ma and Pa Kettle season ticket holders who spend $10,000 a year to see the Hawks go 6-6 and 7-5 year in and year out. They like that nice man in Iowa City.

Just think Gary Barta may be hiring both a new football AND basketball coach soon!
LOL - Get real! Mediorcre coaches don't walk away from contracts like they have. You think they are going to find a higher paying position? Only way to get rid of them is buyout and won't happen unless UI losing money. .Stoops only one comes to mind that walked away from big contract(5mil).

Convince the donors and Ma and Pa Kettle season ticket holders who spend $10,000 a year to see the Hawks go 6-6 and 7-5 year in and year out. They like that nice man in Iowa City.
I'm with you. Some people are so afraid that we might get someone who will do worse or someone who might not be nice. I really don't understand the mentality that we should settle for mediocrity because we could always do worse. And I'm not a "fire the coach" kind of guy, but the seats of both coaches should be getting warmer because these programs are pretty stale right now.

LOL, says the Clown troll.

I'm far from a Fran apologist, I'm about to have a Franesqe style explosion about Fran and this team actually.

What's there to explode about? Fran has been hitting on the recruiting trail so we have all the talent we need!

I'd imagine Fran would keep his job if we miss the NCAA tourney, but if we miss it again next year, he'd have to go, right?

It could get really ugly with Patrick and Connor being enrolled and playing. Sure Connor could just give up basketball and focus on baseball but Patrick would be stuck in a really bad spot.

I still think Fran's kids playing at Iowa locks Fran in at Iowa until Patrick graduates...which is like 2023. At that point Fran will be around 65 years old. I have no idea if Fran's 3rd son plays basketball or how old he even is, just that he exists

It could get really ugly with Patrick and Connor being enrolled and playing. Sure Connor could just give up basketball and focus on baseball but Patrick would be stuck in a really bad spot.

I still think Fran's kids playing at Iowa locks Fran in at Iowa until Patrick graduates...which is like 2023. At that point Fran will be around 65 years old. I have no idea if Fran's 3rd son plays basketball or how old he even is, just that he exists
6 more years for NIT or below basketball. Awesome!

I'll get killed for this, but IMO Patrick is highly overrated. I think he's definitely a Div 1 player, but he's not top 30 in his class. Again, just my opinion.

LOL - Get real! Mediorcre coaches don't walk away from contracts like they have. You think they are going to find a higher paying position? Only way to get rid of them is buyout and won't happen unless UI losing money. .Stoops only one comes to mind that walked away from big contract(5mil).
We could be like Nebraska. Next spring they'll be paying three football head coaches at once.

Can I like my own post?

Because I love this one when I read it.

Connor isn't as good as he's made out to be and Patrick most likely won't be a starter in the Big Ten. They'd be fine whether they stuck it out (unlikely) or transferred.

What's there to explode about? Fran has been hitting on the recruiting trail so we have all the talent we need!

God, your trolling is just piss poor, go back to your Clowntown board. Nothing is a given more than you being absent around here after a big win, and you doing some poor trolling after a bad loss.

We could be like Nebraska. Next spring they'll be paying three football head coaches at once.
They fired a coach who was winning 9 games a year. I'm not saying fire KF. It's all about expectation. I think winning 7 or 8 every year against a manageable schedule should be the norm, with a really strong season once every 4 or 5 years. I think the last 2 weeks in football have made many worry that things may be heading south. We pay the coach a lot of money to beat teams like Purdue at home on Sr. Day, so I get the frustration.

If this team is going to succeed, Bohannon and Moss need to play 35 minutes each.

Every minute Bohannon is playing is a minute we aren't playing defense, he is HUGE part of the problem. We needed someone to play 16 minutes as a backup so he only has to play 24. I guess I was the only one that saw CW's plus/minus last year vs JB's. Just that one Illinois game we literally came back three different times when CW came in, only to lose it again at the end without his effort. It happened seemingly every game for three weeks last year where the starters fell behind by ten or so, and the backups would come in and get us back in the game sparked by CW's defense. He would've be awesome in that press with Nunge. Hopefully Connor can provide some of that because he can't be worse on D than JB or BE.

God, your trolling is just piss poor, go back to your Clowntown board. Nothing is a given more than you being absent around here after a big win, and you doing some poor trolling after a bad loss.

Nothing is a given more than you being an apologist and calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll after a loss. Everything is just fine with this team right haha!

I'll get killed for this, but IMO Patrick is highly overrated. I think he's definitely a Div 1 player, but he's not top 30 in his class. Again, just my opinion.

I have my reservations about Patrick as well, but right now he's your only recruit of 2019. So if you fire Fran after next year you're looking at losing Connor as well as making your 2019 recruiting class a complete bust.

I still think seniors Bohannon/Cook/Moss/Pemsl, Juniors Garza/Nunge, and Sophomore Wieskamp makes a really good squad. If you can't make waves with that class then its time to move on.

Latest posts