Iowa vs SDSU Gameday Thread

sometimes a young team has to fall flat on their face in a big way to realize they have to commit to performing. i'm not so sure this team wasn't reading its own press clippings during the offseason.

Back to back bad losses. Looks like the prognosticators at Sports Illustrated who had Iowa finishing 9th in the conference knew what they were talking about. Should be better than this with as much time as Fran has had to turn it around.

They were being kind. Iowa is not better than Rutgers at this point.

Last edited:
sometimes a young team has to fall flat on their face in a big way to realize they have to commit to performing. i'm not so sure this team wasn't reading its own press clippings during the offseason.

Being young is okay but being young with not all the components to be successful is NOT.. Iowa needs a PG BADLY!!!

Just think Gary Barta may be hiring both a new football AND basketball coach soon!

WTF ... Are they both retiring??? That complacent glad-hander has no desire to deal with the aggravation of firing and replacing any coaches, let alone the 2 highest profile coaches of the 2 revenue generating sports.

Our guards are pathetic and our perimeter defense is painful to watch. It appears some of you are finally realizing defense can lose you games. I'm not even tuning in tomorrow because this is too frustrating to watch.

I am disappointed and frustrated, just feel like this team and program is and will be good. It's not good now, but I have a lot of faith in the staff. I am gonna take a break from HN, enjoy the season.
I'm being in no way facetious when I say this, but the season is toast if you view success as making the NCAA. We already have a SOS above 330 and a bunch of crazy road games upcoming that the Hawks would have to run out in order to get in. You can say I'm strictly being a Debbie Downer all you want, but the schedule and math don't lie. These two losses seal the deal.

And no I didn't say to fire Fran or burn Carver down, so don't give me that drama either.

WTF ... Are they both retiring??? That complacent glad-hander has no desire to deal with the aggravation of firing and replacing any coaches, let alone the 2 highest profile coaches of the 2 revenue generating sports.
Fran isn't untouchable like Ferentz. Not even close.

That said, that decision wouldn't happen in Gary Barta's office.

I'd imagine Fran would keep his job if we miss the NCAA tourney, but if we miss it again next year, he'd have to go, right?

That's all good and well, and I hope they snap back, but the NCAA tourney is out of reach in November already. There's no do-over here.

Being young is okay but being young with not all the components to be successful is NOT.. Iowa needs a PG BADLY!!!

i won't dispute the pg part. i've been saying all along jbo isn't a B1G pg, he's an elite shooter and would do well running off screens, a la, the IU kid with the hair. i got ridiculed for that, but i know i'm right. did Connor play? he may turn out to be the missing link at pg until we get a high level kid in.

Maybe it's time for Barta to find employment elsewhere and the we can it the reset button on Iowa athletics.

I'd imagine Fran would keep his job if we miss the NCAA tourney, but if we miss it again next year, he'd have to go, right?
Three years in a row at a B1G school with this much money and you'd think so. I hope it doesn't happen; I like Fran's passion...something KF has -10 of.

Latest posts