iowa vs psu next year

PSUs weaknesses will be 125, 133, 141 and HWT. Before you jump on me - I think Nico over performed. I think lots of people can and will beat him in the BT. Delgado worried me more and DiJulius. To beat them you have to have guys that can get the Altons (we have one) Wright (I feel better about that with him at 197) and HWT (we do.). I would like our chances. You have to be able to trade punches with Ruth and Taylor and not get majored by them - which EL and Evans have shown they can do.

Why does anyone think Nico won't do well next year? He was a true freshman and made the finals. There is no reason to to think that he won't get much better next year!!!

Why does anyone think Nico won't do well next year? He was a true freshman and made the finals. There is no reason to to think that he won't get much better next year!!!

I hear ya thom, it is crazy! I think Iowa fans are having a tough time wrapping their heads around the fact that PSU is going to be very good for a long time. Mega is going to have to become more offensive in college to win the whole thing, but there is no reason to think he can't because he was a scoring machine in HS from his feet.

I hear ya thom, it is crazy! I think Iowa fans are having a tough time wrapping their heads around the fact that PSU is going to be very good for a long time. Mega is going to have to become more offensive in college to win the whole thing, but there is no reason to think he can't because he was a scoring machine in HS from his feet.

agreed. And he is as gumby as anyone i've ever seen. it gave the cornell kid fits in the semis and completely neutralized McD's length in the finals. and that's saying something. the kid is good. he's a gamer.

to me it's pretty simple. PSU is better than us right now and will be for another 2-3 years maybe. Now that doesn't mean we can't or won't beat them, but we will have our hands full. i, like most people on here, love and trust our staff completely and am excited to see the battles we have with them for the foreseeable future. But at the same time i give a lot of credit to PSU. they wrestle loose and attack at all times from all positions. They are fun to watch.

I think the reason is all he does is stall, he never really seems to wrestle anybody he grabs and holds and does nothing...guys like that usually are trying to just make the match a one shot and done deal to get lucky to win.

What TC said. That's why I don't buy Megaludis and why I don't buy into that stalling style. Underhook and do nothing. If he becomes offensive like Sanders I'll change my tune but until then, I'm not buying Megaludis.

he wasn't stalling in the finals against mcd. I was worried about him in the finals. he the type of wrestler that can beat anyone bc his defense is so good that his marches frequently come down to the last td. that's also why, as a true freshman he could lose to a lot of guys too. if his offense progresses then he'll be really dangerous.

with all the hype on guilbon the reason I could see him getting redshirted is if Cael thinks he can win the title without him. which I suppose means I guess he probably will redshirt.

Refresh my mind. McDonough is a three time finalist and a two time national champion and everyone is more worried about the the wrestlers he might have to wrestle.

I think he was stalling and lots of others did too. Had one shot and showed no offense. This plays right into the whole stall to even the playing field discussion. It's bad wrestling. Tim Johnson was talking about it too - McD took all the shots and was the offensive wrestler in that match. Should have been 6-1 but Megaludis did a phenomenal job of doing the splits and getting a stalemate.

165 Taylor is not moving up. He is walking around at about 168 from what I've been told. 165 is too easy for him to make.

174 Brown

184 Ruth (he said he was done at 174 for good)

197 Wright

Hwt I believe they are getting a transfer here the name escapes me right now.

They have some football player transfering in, correct?

Jimmy Lawson is transferring to Penn St. He has played defensive tackle in college the past two years. (approx 285 lbs)
Was definitely a stud coming out of HS with 3 state titles (NJ) and pinning his way through the tourney his senior year.
Will take him awhile to get in wrestling shape but I wouldn't be shocked to see him AA next year.

With that said, the Big 10 is going to be loaded at HWT next year with the
1st, 3rd, and 5th places finishers at Nationals returning in addition to Lawson.

165 Taylor is not moving up. He is walking around at about 168 from what I've been told. 165 is too easy for him to make.

174 Brown

184 Ruth (he said he was done at 174 for good)

197 Wright

Hwt I believe they are getting a transfer here the name escapes me right now.

You may be right but I just dont see Taylor and Dake matching up next year. Maybe Dake goes to 174 and Taylor does stay down.

I would pay a lot of money to see Taylor-Dake (I'd bet on Taylor) or McD-Stieber/Oliver (I'd bet on McD)

i think Dake will be back at 157 next year. it's not like he's that big. Plus why go to 65 w/ taylor and Howe and Caldwell coming back when you're a heavy, heavy favorite at 57. I also think Matt will stay at 125. People have talked about him moving up for years and he's still at 125. He's super disciplined and i highly doubt he's still growing. Plus his length is one of his greatest assets at 125 and the move up would only hurt that.

As much as I would like to say Taylor would kill Dake, Kyle's defense is superb. he does appear to have a gas tank issue, but that could have something to do with not wrestling hard for a couple of weeks.

i think Dake will be back at 157 next year. it's not like he's that big. Plus why go to 65 w/ taylor and Howe and Caldwell coming back when you're a heavy, heavy favorite at 57. I also think Matt will stay at 125. People have talked about him moving up for years and he's still at 125. He's super disciplined and i highly doubt he's still growing. Plus his length is one of his greatest assets at 125 and the move up would only hurt that.

Dake was bigger then Taylor finals night. No way does he see 157 again. He probably weighs 185 right now.

McD will be at 125.

Dake has put on 28 pounds in three days? I'll bet you that Mcdonough does go to 133. I'll go as far as saying that Oliver goes to 141#

Latest posts