IOWA vs Penn State Friday

125 - Last year was the closest McD will ever be to Megaludis. DEC 3-0
133 - Not even a contest. MD 7-0
141 - Will be closer than it should. DEC 10-0
149 - Kelly will get rolled. Don't get pinned. MD 10-4
157 - DSJ isn't losing against Alton - he's too smart. DEC 13-4
165 - Don't get pinned or Tech'd - MD 13-8
174 - Evans is gonna be mad. Brown is really good. DEC 16-8 (very close match)
184 - Don't get pinned or Tech'd - MD 16-12
197 - Wright catches people for pins or wrestles too close for comfort. I see the latter. DEC 16-15
HWT - No way Telford loses to this scrub. DEC 19-15.

*If Evans doesn't come through against Brown at 74 we lose.

[video=youtube;PMNvSbAHftM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PMNvSbAHftM[/video]

[video=youtube;QfNEXNrXbA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QfNEXNrXbA4[/video]

Carl must be preaching that Rec Hall is the greatest atmosphere in college wrestling because Pearsall is the second PSU wrestler to say this. Pearsall thinks that Carver Hawkeye holds 8k...it will be nearly double that amount!

Interesting that PSU lists multiple probable starters at 149, 157, and Heavy. I figured the line up was set now that the Alton brothers are back from probation. Also, I thought Heavy was set with Gingrich's performance and #17 ranking.

Pearsall ends the interview with some comments about having fun while kicking butt. He also says that other programs look miserable while PSU wrestlers have smiles on their faces. I like Carl's approach and I'm a believer. I'm not saying Iowa is doing things wrong, but it would be nice to hear more positive things from the team after they crush the opposition or grind out a close, hard fought win.

Some great interviews with Hawk wrestlers! I love what McD, Ballweg, and Moore have to say.

Nick Moore, "I just have to wrestle the whole match without fear."

Pearsall ends the interview with some comments about having fun while kicking butt. He also says that other programs look miserable while PSU wrestlers have smiles on their faces. I like Carl's approach and I'm a believer. I'm not saying Iowa is doing things wrong, but it would be nice to hear more positive things from the team after they crush the opposition or grind out a close, hard fought win.

I totally agree we need to preach more positives but that really has never been a hawkeye coach type thing if you think about it

I totally agree we need to preach more positives but that really has never been a hawkeye coach type thing if you think about it
Tom was more positive than usual in his interviews this week. Sounds like he's excited that some of the wrestlers are starting to believe in themselves (like Moore, Burak, Ballweg). Now if he can just get Lofthouse and Telford heading in the right direction.

Latest posts