IOWA vs Penn State Friday

This is so exciting! I'm not that big of a wrestling fan.... but I appreciate the work that goes into it!

TV says iowa must win because it is combination of falls and TECH falls, so that is a tie as well. I guess PSU wins on the next criteria of most points scored.....

I only said iowa wins on criteria b/c that is what tv HAD been saying.

that's not what the rules link i posted says. weird. falls first, then techs, then majors i thought. will recheck.

Criteria 1: match wins. 2: total techs AND falls. 3. match points in bouts not ending in TF or Fall. 4. First takedown.

[h=3]Tie-Breaker System for Dual Meets[/h]
In dual-meet competition, if the teams have identical scores, the following tie-breaking system shall be used to determine the winner:

a. The team whose opposing wrestlers or team has been penalized the greater number of team points for flagrant or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be declared the winner.

b. The team whose opposing wrestlers or team personnel have been penalized the greater number of team point deductions shall be declared the winner.

c. The team whose opposing wrestlers were penalized the greater number of match points for unsportsmanlike conduct during a match shall be declared the winner.

d. The team having won the greater number of matches (including forfeits) shall be declared the winner.

e. The team having accumulated the greater number of points for falls, defaults, forfeits, or disqualifications shall be declared the winner.

f. The team having the greater number of points for technical falls shall be declared the winner.

g. The team having the greater number of points for major decisions shall be declared the winner.

Latest posts