Iowa vs Pea Soup Green Spartans GAME THREAD

I still contend Fran makes it too difficult on his teams. They have too much going on in their heads. It's the only explanation that fits in my opinion. when they start playing good he throws too many changes at them, confuses them and they go on a losing streak. when they lose 4-8 games in a row he simplifies it and they start playing better. ... back and forth with this bipolar looking garbage every year. how about we just work on execution and building team chemistry for awhile.

I am a 53 year old, born n bred Iowan who grew up living and dying on Zabel & Podalakk in the fall and Mac McCausland & Larry Morgan in the winter (when every Hawk basketball game pre-empted normal network TV). I’m so F-ING TIRED of Iowa sports! :mad: I know no one cares about that but does ANYONE have any F-ING pride in Iowa City?

THEE WORST AD in Iowa history perpetuates the utmost culture of mediocrity to flat-out BAD in football and basketball, respectively. I’m writing this having not watched a single second of the 2nd half - knowing full-well the outcome- ONCE AGAIN, as I watch recorded programming on the Travel channel.

At least the Vikings and the Ghost Guys have some intensity and knowledge of their craft!

F IOWA. I’m more confident in ISU beating Washington St than Iowa winning the West or making the NCAA in the near future. Tyler Cook bringing the ball up and clanking another jump shot...ERRRR, I mean showing the Des Moines Wolves how he’s ready to be their 8th man....McCafuck peddling out another jacked up lineup ... just another embarrassment, to be followed by another on Thursday and about 10 or 12 more times in conference play, with another on New Year’s Day.

Just F the whole damn lot of ‘em as long as Smarmy Barta, Ferentz and McCaffuckthree are around!

If they all go and we still suck then what's your story?

I still contend Fran makes it too difficult on his teams. They have too much going on in their heads. It's the only explanation that fits in my opinion. when they start playing good he throws too many changes at them, confuses them and they go on a losing streak. when they lose 4-8 games in a row he simplifies it and they start playing better. ... back and forth with this bipolar looking garbage every year. how about we just work on execution and building team chemistry for awhile.
It has ZERO to do with scheme and information overload.

It is a combination of poor recruiting and lack of mental toughness. Period.

Yep. This is why I didn't want Kriener to redshirt. He needs to get through the program as soon as possible.

Pemsl has no choice now, for medical reasons.

I had high hopes for Dailey this year. I might as well have been high myself.

Again, Dailey, Moss and Kriener are going to have to represent. We have no one else to turn to. They should be capable juniors.

And this was before the developing situation with Wiescamp.

I am a 53 year old, born n bred Iowan who grew up living and dying on Zabel & Podalakk in the fall and Mac McCausland & Larry Morgan in the winter (when every Hawk basketball game pre-empted normal network TV). I’m so F-ING TIRED of Iowa sports! :mad: I know no one cares about that but does ANYONE have any F-ING pride in Iowa City?

THEE WORST AD in Iowa history perpetuates the utmost culture of mediocrity to flat-out BAD in football and basketball, respectively. I’m writing this having not watched a single second of the 2nd half - knowing full-well the outcome- ONCE AGAIN, as I watch recorded programming on the Travel channel.

At least the Vikings and the Ghost Guys have some intensity and knowledge of their craft!

F IOWA. I’m more confident in ISU beating Washington St than Iowa winning the West or making the NCAA in the near future. Tyler Cook bringing the ball up and clanking another jump shot...ERRRR, I mean showing the Des Moines Wolves how he’s ready to be their 8th man....McCafuck peddling out another jacked up lineup ... just another embarrassment, to be followed by another on Thursday and about 10 or 12 more times in conference play, with another on New Year’s Day.

Just F the whole damn lot of ‘em as long as Smarmy Barta, Ferentz and McCaffuckthree are around!
Can't be upset. Life is too short. Disappointing, but I'm past it. If your age is correct you saw the best of Iowa athletics in the past half century. More then the millennials can claim.

Yeah Fran doesn't too much here it seems. Especially in the closing minutes of a close game.

He has said it more than once. He likes his team to just play. So he ends games with multiple timeouts.

I call BS. He can't keep up with the game or is clueless or his butt is still red from 3 calls ago and is unable to focus.
He is one of the worst bench coaches I have ever seen. I compiled his won-loss record a couple of years ago for close games while at Iowa. It was either 5 or 6 pt margins. It was dreadful.

Someone on here last week I believe said he was 22-49 in close games but didn't define what a close game was. If true then Fran's rationale for not calling timeouts isn't working. Fail and Fraud.

Of course that % didn't worsen tonight.

Don't hold back tell us

Strangely enough, when you have a team full of unathletic white guys, adding more unathletic white guys isn't the answer.

But don't worry, Iowa fans! The Iowa Fightin' Sheldons will be back home soon for another meaningless game!
Even our black guys are unathletic white guys and I'm not being racist! Just have eyes and the ability to speak truth!

Can't be upset. Life is too short. Disappointing, but I'm past it. If your age is correct you saw the best of Iowa athletics in the past half century. More then the millennials can claim.

Pretty much. I'm done being upset. It chaps my ass too - but nothing I can do about it. That's why I spent most of tonight watching Lightning hockey and just keeping an eye on the score of the Iowa/MSU game. If it had been interesting I'd have turned it on. But it wasn't, so... That's basically where I am anymore.

Saddens me because I used to be die hard Hawkeye. The past 20 years have finally killed that. Been there for the last couple years, actually.

I grew up in the 80s so I saw the time frame you mentioned. I miss it, and not sure if it's ever coming back. Iowa doesn't hire coaches that can recruit, so...

Oh... I see Coaches have ZERO to do with it. It's just recruiting talent and toughness. Gotcha.....

Alford used to always say the same thing. Toughness, toughness, toughness. Of course, I've also heard the saying that players are an extension of their coach..

No, I meant injury to Joe should get Connor in.

We're stuck with Moss. In fact, we may have only eight scholarship bodies Thursday.

I know what you meant. Moss shouldn't be on the floor. He helps the opposing team more then Iowa. 8 scholorship players doesn't mean 8 w/ talent. Little Baer has contributed more this year then Moss. Play him.