Iowa vs Nebraska

GrandpaHawk

Now that Wisconsin is in our division what's the chances they could steal our game against Nebraska on the Friday after turkey day.Alverez was campaigning for that game as soon as Neb came to the BIG.Was wondering if this could happen.

If we could win one of these Black Friday games and actually make it a real rivalry...I think it stays. Right now...the only bad blood is on our side.

If we could win one of these Black Friday games and actually make it a real rivalry...I think it stays. Right now...the only bad blood is on our side.

Agreed on the win part. But the games aren't blowouts and last years was fairly competitive (with us having a chance to win at the end). I will say if the games begin to get out of hand in the next couple of years, it may be in jeopardy; but as of now I think it's safe.

Hopefully its more than just Wisconsin beating Nebraska in the last couple years. Iowa fans and Nebraska fans have been going at it for years, not just recently.

yeah...but the problem is Nebraska fans love to see Iowa on the schedule. Our record speaks for itself...and in a true rivalry, there is no "hey, we have been competitive and had a chance to win at the end." It's about winning period.

yeah...but the problem is Nebraska fans love to see Iowa on the schedule. Our record speaks for itself...and in a true rivalry, there is no "hey, we have been competitive and had a chance to win at the end." It's about winning period.

Rivalries don't develop over night and if what you say is true that Nebraska Fan love to have Iowa on it's schedule as a W, then that rivalry is brewing in a big time way.. :)

It was that long ago when Iowa was rolling and Nebraska was strolling.. :)

I also don't see this game ending, it is ideal fit.

Agreed on the win part. But the games aren't blowouts and last years was fairly competitive (with us having a chance to win at the end). I will say if the games begin to get out of hand in the next couple of years, it may be in jeopardy; but as of now I think it's safe.

i felt the complete opposite.......The last 2 games felt like Nebraska was in control right after KO and Iowa had no shot of winning. The Iowa offense has been flat out awful.

It would be nice if the Iowa offense would show up. The Nebby defenses have been good, but far from great, it is not like they were rolling out that '95 defense.

i felt the complete opposite.......The last 2 games felt like Nebraska was in control right after KO and Iowa had no shot of winning. The Iowa offense has been flat out awful.

I agree for the 2011 game. That was certainly an ugly offensive showing.

I think we came out fired up last year. Nebby marched it down on the opening drive for a score, and we answered with a long drive of our own. Capped off by 3 straight QB sneaks. The whole team and stadium were jacked up.
The offense sputtered thru the rest of the game, but there's no way you could say Iowa had no shot of winning.
Each team had mini momentum runs, but the defense was playing hard all game long.
In fact, the defensive play forced Burkhead to come in and give Nebby the spark they needed.

I agree for the 2011 game. That was certainly an ugly offensive showing.

I think we came out fired up last year. Nebby marched it down on the opening drive for a score, and we answered with a long drive of our own. Capped off by 3 straight QB sneaks. The whole team and stadium were jacked up.
The offense sputtered thru the rest of the game, but there's no way you could say Iowa had no shot of winning.
Each team had mini momentum runs, but the defense was playing hard all game long.
In fact, the defensive play forced Burkhead to come in and give Nebby the spark they needed.

Iowa ran 3 plays in a 1:30 at the end of the game as if they were conceding victory.......i realize they weren't, but it sure did feel that way. Nebraska gameplans for the last 2 years have seem basic and/or generic like Iowa week is the week they work on fundamentals. Once again far from the truth it just feels that way to me.

Iowa hasn't been competitive so far, but that doesn't mean the game is in jeopardy. My fear is that we become like Iowa State. We call it a rivalry, but lose every year and then Nebraska fans put a automatic W on that date every August.

Iowa ran 3 plays in a 1:30 at the end of the game as if they were conceding victory.......i realize they weren't, but it sure did feel that way. Nebraska gameplans for the last 2 years have seem basic and/or generic like Iowa week is the week they work on fundamentals. Once again far from the truth it just feels that way to me.

I dont think KF wanted to win that game. Too much explaining to do if they had. Nebrasky sure did try to give it to him though.

Iowa hasn't been competitive so far, but that doesn't mean the game is in jeopardy. My fear is that we become like Iowa State. We call it a rivalry, but lose every year and then Nebraska fans put a automatic W on that date every August.

A 13-7 game is competitive.....the game in Lincoln, not so much.

I dont think KF wanted to win that game. Too much explaining to do if they had. Nebrasky sure did try to give it to him though.

Yip KF throws football games.....U R usually an ok dude OOTH, but then you go and say trolling crap like this. The only person who is willing to throw games is you, see my sig below.

Who does Iowa State claim a rival but lose to every year? I don't understand the comparison.

I'm not sure what KirFer would've had to explain if they had won. Please provide the deets.
Also, does he have to explain the same for all wins?
And about Nebby trying to give the game away... You could've said the same about Iowa.
But I would say both teams were trying to win.
Kthxbuhhye.

Last edited:
Yip KF throws football games.....U R usually an ok dude OOTH, but then you go and say trolling crap like this. The only person who is willing to throw games is you, see my sig below.

Mr Vogs. You should know by now that this is what I think and its not me trolling. Trolling is different(see what ghost used to do. He went into every thread to say the opposite. He didnt show one view and stick with it.)

The Iowa vs Neb game last year shows either kf knows almost nothing about coaching on game day(less than I think he does at least) or he was only gonna win if he had to. See how many plays he ran in the last 2 mins. Thats not conservative thats crazy. Now Im not saying he threw the game that is also different.

Also im fine with your sig. Losing every game and what was done last year is not a big difference.

Latest posts