Iowa vs Nebraska football recruiting

Kaboom
Demi-Moore.jpg

double kaboom
41465_1562019360_342_n.jpg

Could you make the picture any bigger? Having a hard time seeing it. Thank you.

The Nebraska lure is fading year after year. I really don't see them on the same level as the elites. Not even close. When was their last conference title? The days of ruling the Big 8 and running the option are over. They are in the same level as Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St and to some degree Penn St. All looking up at Ohio St and Michigan.

There's no excuse for Nebraska having better facilities. The new practice facility better put us at least on par with their facilities. If not, someone isn't doing their job correctly.

Exactly. If Iowa's new facilities aren't at least equal to
Nebraska's someone in IC is asleep at the switch big time.

Our beloved Hawks could help themselves a ton in recruiting battles with Nebraska if they could put a whoppin on the Cornhuskers in Kinnick this fall! GO HAWKS!!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

The Nebraska lure is fading year after year. I really don't see them on the same level as the elites. Not even close. When was their last conference title? The days of ruling the Big 8 and running the option are over. They are in the same level as Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St and to some degree Penn St. All looking up at Ohio St and Michigan.

Agreed. Nebraska hasn't been NEBRASKA since the 1990's.

I saw her the other day in west des moines. She has to be about 4'6. I thought it was a little kid at first.

Man, if she was 10 years older with no kids... Not that I have a midget fetish or anything, but 4'6" is very nice. :D

I blame Evy, back in the late 50s Iowa was way ahead of Nebraska in football. Then Evy decided he wanted to be AD and screwed up the program. Nebraska hired Devaney who turned the football program around and the rest is history. Evy made some horrible moves in the 60s and had he left Jerry Burns alone or remained coach himself Iowa could have been the elite football program in the midwest.
Devaney wasn't even the first choice, and he almost declined the job. Their number one guy(can't remember his name) took the Texas A&M job and went on to fail. Oh lord how I wish he'd taken that job in Lincoln.

What follows is the list of the 10 winningest programs in the history of the game, ranked by total wins. The list is current through the end of the 2010 season.
1. Michigan: 888-306-38
2. Texas: 853-326-34
3. Notre Dame: 845-296-42
4. Nebraska: 836-345-41
5. Ohio State: 825-315-53
6. Alabama: 825-317-43
7. Penn State 821-355-43
8. Oklahoma: 806-308-53
9. Tennessee: 788-340-55
10. USC: 784-309-54

And they have 500 of those wins since Devaney took over.

I agree with some on this site that Iowa is and should be on a
par with them now. I think the hawks can be on a par with
every team in their division and most all in big 10 except ohio st.

NU cannot stockpile 150 walkons like they used to using County
NU Clubs to pay the kids tuition.

Disagree. We will be lucky to win 1/3 of our games with Nebraska. Almost certain that we start out 0-3. They are at least at PSU level. We are not at the same level as Nebraska although we should do a bit better than in the 80s.

Nebraska has a smaller population than Iowa. They were forced to recruit nationally a long time ago, and got very good at it.

I think I heard this correctly, but Iowa's indoor practice facility is smaller than a lot of schools. I believe I heard ISU mentioned, or read an article about this in the CR Gazette.

Devaney wasn't even the first choice, and he almost declined the job. Their number one guy(can't remember his name) took the Texas A&M job and went on to fail. Oh lord how I wish he'd taken that job in Lincoln.

I did not know that, Hank Foldberg would be the name you are looking for in that case. He was not all that successful at Wichita State but Bob Devaney did really well at Wyoming, even winning a bowl game.

I cannot help but wonder what would have happened had Evy stayed a head coach and never became the AD.

We need to win a national title. Then we we be on par with Nebby. They won theirs when it was the only Okie and maybe Colorado to contend with in the conference and got a lucky draw on a NC opponent.

I don't see us ever winning one though. The conference is very stout. it would take a perfect strom to win one. Have and outstanding senior class with a couple of go to super star players,go injury free, get breaks in the schedule.

I am thinking baby steps, but a win over Minnesota would be a good goal before thinking national championships.

Latest posts