IOWA vs ISU Saturday

He also wrestled a round of 12 guy(Haynes from MO) to a 1-0 match at Lindenwood. Remember he was making his first apperance in the Iowa lineup in Carver. I will need a bigger sample size before I write off Mr Burak.

oh i'm not writing him off. i just dont think guys that compete for national titles take losses like that. I know he'll develop in the room and get better. but i was just shocked at the way he competed.

It was just announced on Facebook that Mediacom has picked up the meet for Saturday and will begin broadcasting at 7:37. No further information has been released.

It was just announced on Facebook that Mediacom has picked up the meet for Saturday and will begin broadcasting at 7:37. No further information has been released.

It is also going to be on Hawkeyesports.com All-Access.........allledgely

After seeing ISU vs ODU Iowa will win 9 and possibly all 10 matches against the clones. Look for lots of bonus points to be scored by the Hawks in this one. 40-something to 3 is my guess. This is worse than the lick era of Hawkeye basketball. Wish it could be close.

I can see 10 wins in this dual. Burak if he gets a quick start may very well ride the wave of momentum to victory. If not, that will be Iowa's only loss. iowa 45-0 with burak win, 42-3 with burak loss. This is of course presuming evans at 74. If GG at 74... if he wrestles the way he did last weekend, could be loss number 2.

A friend of mine who lives in Ames was telling me last night about a poster on one of the cyclone forums who was talking about who the cyclones should hire for a new wrestling coach. "He said, Anyone who is not or has not been involved in the Iowa Hawkeye style of wrestling".

A friend of mine who lives in Ames was telling me last night about a poster on one of the cyclone forums who was talking about who the cyclones should hire for a new wrestling coach. "He said, Anyone who is not or has not been involved in the Iowa Hawkeye style of wrestling".

I think that is what they have right now.........how's that working out for them?

I apologize in advance for changing the subject and not starting a new thread......but one quick question:

Why is Cornell currently ranked 8th by InterMat after their strong finish is St Louis last year? Too many graduates and no prospects stepping up, or is there more to the story?

I apologize in advance for changing the subject and not starting a new thread......but one quick question:

Why is Cornell currently ranked 8th by InterMat after their strong finish is St Louis last year? Too many graduates and no prospects stepping up, or is there more to the story?

Last Year - Cornell finished 4th at nationals with 5 wrestlers earning AA status including 3 champs (157,184,197), 4th (125) and 7th (141).

Out of those 5, two have graduated (125,197)

Currently ranked Cornell wrestlers
125- #10 Garrett (Fr)
133- #10 Arujau (finished 1-2 at nationals last year)
141- #9 Nevinger (7th at nationals)
149- NR
157- #16 Eifert
165- #1 Dake (Champ at 157 last year)
174- NR
184- #2 Bosak (Champs at 184 last year)
197- NR
Hwt- NR

When you look at what the other teams have coming back that are ahead of them and losing 2 AA's from last year I think a top 10 finish this year is about right.

Well, except for a few guys in the rotation, I don't think we wrestle much the Iowa Style either. After 133, there's really no one who wrestles that way, except maybe Evans. Hope that crap changes soon, save for DSJ, he's alright.

Last Year - Cornell finished 4th at nationals with 5 wrestlers earning AA status including 3 champs (157,184,197), 4th (125) and 7th (141).

Out of those 5, two have graduated (125,197)

Currently ranked Cornell wrestlers
125- #10 Garrett (Fr)
133- #10 Arujau (finished 1-2 at nationals last year)
141- #9 Nevinger (7th at nationals)
149- NR
157- #16 Eifert
165- #1 Dake (Champ at 157 last year)
174- NR
184- #2 Bosak (Champs at 184 last year)
197- NR
Hwt- NR

When you look at what the other teams have coming back that are ahead of them and losing 2 AA's from last year I think a top 10 finish this year is about right.

Agree, they could potentially go from having 3 champs to none, with DT and Ruth at the respective weights.

Papathawki - no there really is no tv for the meet this year. Brands talked about it in his interview yesterday before practice. I will also include a link to IPTV which doesnt show any wrestling on their schedule.

TV Schedule » Saturday, December 1, 2012 » Iowa Public Television

Thanks 1010. IPTV has a fund drive each year, to which I usually contribute.They have lots of good programming, not only for us, but for kids and I appreciate those programs too. But I'll be e-mailing them after this post, threatening my contribution because they are not showing what is probably my favorite IPTV programming. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate BIG BIRD like conservatives, and actually will probably donate anyway. But they don't know that. GO HAWK WRESTLERS!!

Thanks 1010. IPTV has a fund drive each year, to which I usually contribute.They have lots of good programming, not only for us, but for kids and I appreciate those programs too. But I'll be e-mailing them after this post, threatening my contribution because they are not showing what is probably my favorite IPTV programming. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate BIG BIRD like conservatives, and actually will probably donate anyway. But they don't know that. GO HAWK WRESTLERS!!

Yeah...this is disappointing. I always look forward to watching this dual, and I can't imagine why they aren't broadcasting it. Has to be popular programming. Too much to ask for BTN to at least carry it on tape delay I suppose.

They will probably drop wrestling soon anyway. Only a few "die hards" even follow their program anymore.

Latest posts