IOWA vs ISU Saturday

Looked good as a team would have liked to have seen more back points scored, any back points for that matter. it appeared that Nick Moore seemed a little gassed at the end of his match. Ramos needs to remember that there are 7 min in a match unless ends by fall or o.t. He just about got caught by young meeks. I felt evans at 74 looked good and maybe solidified himself at 74? I was not surprised by the number of people that we sat around want to see evan there rather than GG.

I still don't like what I see out of Kelly and Moore. I wish we had better options at those weights - especially 149. They still look like they just haven't taken the step.

My favorite athletic event to watch. Iowa/ISU wrestling.
Im very happy we spanked them. I need to get back to Iowa City for one of these again.

Best part about it:

The 29-point victory was the largest margin of victory in the series since Iowa won 33-4 in 1996. The Hawkeyes (6-0) scored 33 takedowns to Iowa State's three.

ISU should just drop wrestling.... it doesn't make any money AND it's a dying sport.

You do realize if colleges dropped athletic programs cuz they don't make money every single men's/women's teams in every sport would be dropped except about 1/2 of the football programs and 1/4 of the basketball programs.
and youth and high school participation #s would suggest wrestling is actually a faster growing sport than most.

I still don't like what I see out of Kelly and Moore. I wish we had better options at those weights - especially 149. They still look like they just haven't taken the step.
Moore was sick, but wrestled anyway. He should get a break from fans for this match.

Latest posts