Iowa vs Drake reminds me of...

1hawkeye1

This match up with Drake reminds me of Iowa's NCAA tourney game against Davidson. Davidson had a bunch of three point snipers and thought they would shoot us out of the game. Turned out they could hardly get a shot off over our height advantage.

That Iowa team, however, was a much better team than this one and didn't make all the dumb turnovers and silly errors that this one does. The potential is there with this Hawkeye team to get this win, but I just can't predict if they have figured it out yet or not. Until I see it, I just can't get there.

Drake 75, Iowa 71

Does Drake have a quick point guard and can they make 3 pointers? If so, we'll lose by double digits.

Iowa has 4 very winnable games coming up. A win vs Drake would be a step in the right direction.

That's all I'm saying at this point. I could easily see Iowa losing or blowing out Drake. Such a weird season.

You're setting this one up nicely.

I'm not setting anything up. UAB is 65 spots higher than Drake on KenPom and we beat them. The only reason people are worried is because Drake was competitive against an uninterested Minnesota team. Drake is one of the worst defensive teams in the country and we should be able to own them on the glass and in the paint.

To me it's a turnover issue... Keep turnovers at 12 and under our odds are waaaaay better. If Iowa turns it over 15 plus times it just about doesn't matter who your playing your making it tough on yourself. So do that and make 75% of free throws and shoot more of them then they do and I like our chances with the rest of it playing out our way

The thick angst and hype building up to this game has the feel of late March. One of the few probable W's left on the schedule.

Part of a stellar Saturday of collegiate action, as the bowl season kicks off. Already have the remote "recall" button set for some fast-finger clicks between this game on BTN and the action-paced Nawlins Bowl between Troy and N. Texas on ESPN. Thankful that's the only overlap cuz immediately following is an 8-hour football fest from Boise State to Arkansas State.

I. Am. STOKED.

Iowa has 4 very winnable games coming up. A win vs Drake would be a step in the right direction.

That's all I'm saying at this point. I could easily see Iowa losing or blowing out Drake. Such a weird season.

This. How does anyone know what to expect. I am not sure what is even reasonable expectations.

I'll take the Hawks. Based on the last 2 games, I think they are playing better and Fran has figured out he has to play smaller.

I agree and think the hawks have climbed out of their hole and are now focused on rebuilding team confidence. this would be a good solid win and give them a yardstick measurement of a common opponent against MN, a team that is loaded with talent and could finish in 2-4 in the B1G.

Latest posts