Iowa vs Creighton Game Thread

Megan's finished the year with 823 points. The first women's Hawkeye to reach 800 points in a season. She's in 6th. place in scoring with 1803 points just 299 points behind Ally Disterhoft's record of 2102 points. Megan finished the year with 411 rebounds for the season making that the most in Iowa women's basketball for a season. Megan has 979 total rebounds and that moves her into second place behind Cindy Haugejorde's record of 1067 total rebounds. Barring any injury to Megan these records are going to be smashed next season. Congratulations to Megan and the rest of the team for these accomplishments.

So I turned on ESPN 2 to watch the game and they had some other women's game on, so I went back to the men's games. The local paper said 5p ESPN 2.

So is it true the Iowa women have only been to the Sweet 16 once since like 1996? If so, I don't see how this can be accepted with the program

So I turned on ESPN 2 to watch the game and they had some other women's game on, so I went back to the men's games. The local paper said 5p ESPN 2.

So is it true the Iowa women have only been to the Sweet 16 once since like 1996? If so, I don't see how this can be accepted with the program
What was it 2014-15 season they were in the sweet 16. Ever since the recruiting has been on the rise and with this young team they will come into their own next year and make a push for exceeding sweet 16 expectations. It should of been close to making it this year and I'm awfully disappointed with this showing today. The Hawks have got 4 new recruits coming in to replace the ones that abandoned the Hawks last year and put this team in a bind. Tomi T. should be able to step in and play quite a bit and that'll help out the perimeter shooting. Monica C. is a very young Megan type player who is going to be able to learn from Megan next year. All is not lost on this showing today but I do hope the coaching staff takes a look at some things and learns to make better adjustments.

What was it 2014-15 season they were in the sweet 16. Ever since the recruiting has been on the rise and with this young team they will come into their own next year and make a push for exceeding sweet 16 expectations. It should of been close to making it this year and I'm awfully disappointed with this showing today. The Hawks have got 4 new recruits coming in to replace the ones that abandoned the Hawks last year and put this team in a bind. Tomi T. should be able to step in and play quite a bit and that'll help out the perimeter shooting. Monica C. is a very young Megan type player who is going to be able to learn from Megan next year. All is not lost on this showing today but I do hope the coaching staff takes a look at some things and learns to make better adjustments.
Do you honestly believe Lisa, at this stage of her career, would change how she coaches?

Do you honestly believe Lisa, at this stage of her career, would change how she coaches?
Probably not but I can always hope that she sees something needs to be changed because that's why and how the Hawks lost all of their games this year. I would like to think she smart enough to stop and evaluate the season and look at why the get so lethargic at times. Lisa doesn't need to change the offense just mainly change up the defense once in awhile to help them get their energy up. The only thing I have against Lisa is she absolutely won't do any pressing of any kind. I thought it was because they were short handed but when your in a 1 and done situation and don't do anything at all I guess that wasn't the excuse. Lisa has a staff around her and I'm hoping something gets said somewhere along the line. Fingers are crossed.

What a painful brand of basketball to watch. Iowa needs to sign Jennie Baranczyk before some other Power 5 school gets wise first. Her teams are fun to watch and regularly beat major D1 schools with girls that don't get recruited elsewhere. Put Gustafson on the Drake team and it would be a Sweet 16 contender. I know Hawks lost their PG but they were so one dimensional I have no idea how they won 20 games this year. Thanks Coach Bluder, but time to move on.

What a painful brand of basketball to watch. Iowa needs to sign Jennie Baranczyk before some other Power 5 school gets wise first. Her teams are fun to watch and regularly beat major D1 schools with girls that don't get recruited elsewhere. Put Gustafson on the Drake team and it would be a Sweet 16 contender. I know Hawks lost their PG but they were so one dimensional I have no idea how they won 20 games this year. Thanks Coach Bluder, but time to move on.
I wonder just how much women's basketball you watched this year. This game wasn't the norm for them by any means. They were 24-8 this year and I would say that at least 5 of those losses were due to play like tonight. Once in awhile they get in a funk and Lisa just keeps thinking they'll turn it around. Usually they are fast paced and a scoring machine. Just stop and think how many players in the past years departed and left the Hawks high and dry. One quit just before the season started to go play JC ball for crying out loud. If we are ahead Lisa is a master at hanging on. It's just when the team is lethargic she won't do anything.

Never ceases to amaze me that Hawk “fans” say somebody else’s style of basketball is “more fun” than the current Iowa coach who is winning.

Winning is “fun”. Iowa wins under Bluder.

That being said, there always seems to be a reason, or an excuse, for Iowa WBB to under perform under Bluder. Usually it seems to be an injury or two and not just minor ones.

Should not have lost this game.

Never ceases to amaze me that Hawk “fans” say somebody else’s style of basketball is “more fun” than the current Iowa coach who is winning.

Winning is “fun”. Iowa wins under Bluder.

That being said, there always seems to be a reason, or an excuse, for Iowa WBB to under perform under Bluder. Usually it seems to be an injury or two and not just minor ones.

Should not have lost this game.
They absolutely shouldn't of lost this game. The Hawks are a faster pace team and Lisa let Creighton play slow ball. Hopefully they can go injury free next year.

I was going to say recruiting was lacking but with injuries and late transfers, it wasn't that at all. Just BAD coaching!
Exactly! The Hawks walked the ball up the floor and moved around like they were stuck in mud. This team plays a lot better when they move fast. That why I don't understand why Lisa had them so slowed down the WHOLE game. Sometimes they do move way to fast and shoot early but at least the stay engaged in the game. If it was to cut down on turnovers it didn't work to good because they only had 2 less than average. Iowa seems to get all the coaches that implement a game plan and come hell or high water they aren't going to deviate from it!!!!! Maybe it's not being stubborn it just might be they don't know what to do!!!! Hey coaches if something isn't working TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!! Lisa you said you going to implement a new wrinkle. Somewhere I missed it! A great chance to advance pretty far in the tourney BLOWN!!!! My goodness you'd of thought we were playing U Conn or something! IT WAS CREIGHTON for crying out loud!!!!!! Lisa watch a lot of film this summer and figure it out!!!!! That's what good coaches do is FIGURE THINGS OUT!!!!! Ok I'm done ranting!

Easy explanation. Used to only recruit shooters.
These guards can’ shoot. Until late game where 2 for 18. One game we’re 4/22. Last in big ten season 3’s in 17 and 22th in 18.

These guards can’ shoot. Until late game where 2 for 18. One game we’re 4/22. Last in big ten season 3’s in 17 and 22th in 18.
I believe we have a shooter coming in next year. Just hope she can help right away. Plus Tania will be back. Lexie only attempted 1 and Mac only attempted 2 which she made 1 of those. I was confused as to why Kathleen was hoisting up 8?

Thought maybe you might like to hear this. Tomi Taiwo from Fisher Indiana. Playa at Carmel High School. This is what has been written about her. Athletic off guard with a quick 1st step attack drives. Draws contact and delivers at the stripe. Emerging perimeter game threat to the arc. Versatile perimeter defense. I have seen a video of her shooting a sic step back 3 pointer. Hopefully she can help out.

A
Thought maybe you might like to hear this. Tomi Taiwo from Fisher Indiana. Playa at Carmel High School. This is what has been written about her. Athletic off guard with a quick 1st step attack drives. Draws contact and delivers at the stripe. Emerging perimeter game threat to the arc. Versatile perimeter defense. I have seen a video of her shooting a sic step back 3 pointer. Hopefully she can help out.
About finished with WBB for the year. In conclusion, I believe Lisa is average at best recruiting and very poor at in game adjustments. I know you like her and Clinton thinks the sun rises and sets with her but I think she is over rated. And yes I know she will be in the HOF.

A

About finished with WBB for the year. In conclusion, I believe Lisa is average at best recruiting and very poor at in game adjustments. I know you like her and Clinton thinks the sun rises and sets with her but I think she is over rated. And yes I know she will be in the HOF.
I'm not a huge fan if you read any of my posts. I don't think she'll ever get us past the elite 8. Just an occasional sweet 16 and maybe a conference championship. Don't get me mixed up with ClintoIafan. Some of the coaching staff has changed and I had hoped it would help in recruiting. I guess we'll see. Thank you for posting.

I need a translator.

A

About finished with WBB for the year. In conclusion, I believe Lisa is average at best recruiting and very poor at in game adjustments. I know you like her and Clinton thinks the sun rises and sets with her but.....
<snicker>

Seriously though, Iowa sure has a bunch of average coaches that win and end up in the HOF.

A

Like I said recently, Iowa needs to corral Jennie Baranczyk while she's available. A former star for the Hawks, built Drake from a losing team into top 25 team (last year) within 5 years. Undefeated in MVC 2 straight years. Uptempo pace with extremely high assist to basket ratio. Girls love her and the fans enjoy the games...women outdrew the men I think last year.