Iowa v Xavier Official Game Thread

Hopefully iowa's conditioning shows up in the second half. Xavier was standing around in the last few minutes causing long shot that got lucky on the bank. Iowa also can not just drive into traffic and expect fouls called with these refs.

Hmmmmmmm................everything seems to be going xavier's way. Banked 3pt'er?

Surprised that when Uthoff was in there he looked tentative. He passed up some shots that he normally doesn't.

We played horribly. Shot 41% as a team. If you take Marble out of the equation, the rest of the guys were a combined 5/15 33%. We got killed on the offensive boards, giving up 9 of them. We are lucky to be down only 7

True story. It really should be a 1 possession game. Take out that ridiculous banked in 3 and the ref doesn't completely bone that foul on Sapp at the end there and it's a 2 point game going in. As terrible as this first half has been, they are right there.

We're going to find out what Iowa is made of in the second half. What's the rotations been like? Likely to see less in second half or not?

If I was just reading this thread and not watching the ESPN Scoreboard I would think Iowa was down by at least 20. Is it really that bad? Box score says it's pretty even.

Everything is going xavier's way. Nothing falling for Iowa. Xavier taking advantage of the way these refs are allowing pushing and shoving. Iowa is not.

I expect we'll tighten it up this second half.

If I was just reading this thread and not watching the ESPN Scoreboard I would think Iowa was down by at least 20. Is it really that bad? Box score says it's pretty even.

They might as well be down by 20. They still can't hit the ocean from the beach. They claw back to within 1 then X gets a quick bucket and another garbage bucket and Hawks are back down by 7. They continue to play solid D but right now, all bounces going X's way and Iowa getting out worked.

This is shaping up like Baylor game. Hawks are just facing better athletes and, since they are having a "suck" shooting night, the rest of their game is getting out of sorts.

If Xavier gets this to 10, it will quickly go to 20 and game will be over.

WHAT???? When did that happen?

When Fran was walking off for Half-Time let the refs have it and the T'd him up. Xavier gets two free throws and the ball to start the half. I follow Hawkeye Basketball, Tom Kakert and Jon Miller on Twitter, Tom is in Nassau at the game.

WHAT???? When did that happen?

When Fran decided to stay at half court screaming. I don't think the officiating was great but we were in the double bonus before Xavier was in the bonus.

Just not a good time for a T... Gonna need every point we can get.

When Fran was walking off for Half-Time let the refs have it and the T'd him up. Xavier gets two free throws and the ball to start the half. I follow Hawkeye Basketball, Tom Kakert and Jon Miller on Twitter, Tom is in Nassau at the game.

Wonderful.

We are way out of our element. Getting out rebounded by 7, shooting 38% on free throws. Our strengths are the biggest things hurting us right now. The fact that we are only down 7 is a really good sign. Start rebounding like we do, not to mention draw fouls and make free throws, and we will be BACK.

That was not a good move by Fran. Yes, the refs have let this get too physical. But I think it's been pretty fair both ways.

So now xavier is gonna start out with a big boost. oi

Latest posts