Iowa v Xavier Official Game Thread

Just set DVR for tomorrow's game. This is what is fun about tournaments. Now you can sit back and relax and watch the team you will play next.

I really think he needs to start shooting the 10-ft jumper to get in a rhythm shooting outside. I would really like to see him run curls through the lane and get that shot. White is never really going to be a post up guy, but he needs to be more of a threat scoring other than the transition game.

100% agree. Unless he develops a short jumper he's reached his ceiling.

Just set DVR for tomorrow's game. This is what is fun about tournaments. Now you can sit back and relax and watch the team you will play next.
Had the Hawks lost and they would have played at noon tomorrow. One hour after the football game kicks off. That would have been brutal.

Now I can enjoy the football game and then the basketball game that night. No flipping back and forth.

I thought Gesell showed mental toughness tonight. He couldn't hit the ocean early, got in late with Marbles injury and hit some big shots.

He stepped up big. as did Olaseni and the D.....

Gabe make a few free throws with a lot of pressure on when we were coming back....

I Like McCaffrey, but his recruiting isn't cutting it. Woodbury does not belong on the floor in this game and nobody other than Marble is capable of making a shot. Xavier brings guys in cold off the bench and they hit 3's. Iowa will not win a game in this tournament.

Nobody is capable?
Amazing how quickly some are to abandon ship..

We won the game when Stainbrook fouled out. Wow, grind it out win. Let's hope Dev is drinking some pickle juice tonight. Cramps can be one of those things that just keep popping up over the course of a couple weeks if they hit you hard.

Hawks had two guys foul out too and played the last 7+ minutes without their best player. Rest of the Hawks stepped it up..

These refs blow. They have taken the game out of Iowa's hands. Iowa has no chance to win when they get mugged and no call or get called for ticky tack fouls on the perimeter. I sincerely hope they each get caught with illegal substances or young boys in their rooms. They are an embarrassment.

Everyone gets frustrates with the officiating but come on..
Iowa shot 35% from the field.
26% from 3pt. line
67% from the FT line
shot 6 more free throws than Xavier.
Got out rebounded.
Iowa did plenty to try to lose that game on their own.
I would bet a lot of money that the Xavier fans are complaining about the officiating, too.
Iowa looked bad for the most of the game, because they played poorly, not because of the officiating. Calls are missed, both ways. Refs are a part of the game, just like the players and coaches. They all make mistakes.
The blaming of the refs mentality gets old. You see it at youth BB games, HS games, college games..The refs always suck. It is hard to even go to a game anymore with the constant ******** about the refs..

Everyone gets frustrates with the officiating but come on..
Iowa shot 35% from the field.
26% from 3pt. line
67% from the FT line
shot 6 more free throws than Xavier.
Got out rebounded.
Iowa did plenty to try to lose that game on their own.
I would bet a lot of money that the Xavier fans are complaining about the officiating, too.
Iowa looked bad for the most of the game, because they played poorly, not because of the officiating. Calls are missed, both ways. Refs are a part of the game, just like the players and coaches. They all make mistakes.
The blaming of the refs mentality gets old. You see it at youth BB games, HS games, college games..The refs always suck. It is hard to even go to a game anymore with the constant ******** about the refs..

Spot on Blubber, the complaining about the refs get tiresome. Sure you can pick out missed calls in any game, and I get complaining about those individual calls. Yet overall, they evened out, and to me there wasn't any more missed bad calls for us, than there was Xavier.

Latest posts