Iowa v Wisconsin Prediction Thread

In the first half, Iowa's defense finds a way to stop Wisconsin's running game and forces them to rely on Stave. Once again, Iowa is able to put up points in the first half and goes into half with a 13-3 lead. Iowa's defense keeps the momentum in the 3rd quarter by only allowing a field goal, but Iowa continues it struggles in the second half on offense. 13-6 Iowa at the end of the 3rd. Iowa's defense comes up with a 4th quarter pick deep in Wisconsin's territory. Iowa's offense capitalizes of the short field and scores a TD. With little time and a two possession deficit, the Badgers have to throw the ball to come back. Wisconsin storms down the field for a quick TD, and their defense makes Iowa go three and out. However, Stave throws another interception during the comeback. Hawks seal the deal and send home the Badgers with a lose. 20-13 Iowa

Ok here is my thoughts. Kirk doesn't like Wisconsin I have watched many a game vs da badgers and Kirk is usually quite animated. I think smash mouth teams with a QB who is questionable at best and not real mobile is a team we fair well against. Don't under-estimate this fact...whether you are a Kirk fan or not you cannot argue with his November teams! I think our D-line even without Dom is up to the Wisky challenge, I think we press, load the box, do some run blitzing and actually slow them down to 17 points. Offensively I think you see the TE heavily involved Saturday, I think you a screen game implemented this week...I just have a feeling. I also think Daniels gets snaps early and has success. I am looking at 7 first half points, after fizzling out on several drives. In the 2nd half thanks to our defense and field position we score 17 points and one touchdown off a long pass to either Powell or Duzey. So looking at a final of 24-17 Hawks win and fans storm the field.

Iowa has won 6 of the last 9 vs. Wisconsin. Iowa fans like to think that any disparity like that in our opponents favor will surely continue, so I guess it means Iowa will continue to hold the upper hand against Wisky.

Iowa 27
Wisky 23

Wisconsin is really, really good. Their defense has been a lot better than expected, and it would be foolish to think Iowa can do any more than just slow down their run game a little bit.

Wisconsin will get their yards on the ground, and their defense will create a lot of problems for Iowa.

Wisky 28
Iowa 20

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be.

Ok here is my thoughts. Kirk doesn't like Wisconsin I have watched many a game vs da badgers and Kirk is usually quite animated. I think smash mouth teams with a QB who is questionable at best and not real mobile is a team we fair well against. Don't under-estimate this fact...whether you are a Kirk fan or not you cannot argue with his November teams! I think our D-line even without Dom is up to the Wisky challenge, I think we press, load the box, do some run blitzing and actually slow them down to 17 points. Offensively I think you see the TE heavily involved Saturday, I think you a screen game implemented this week...I just have a feeling. I also think Daniels gets snaps early and has success. I am looking at 7 first half points, after fizzling out on several drives. In the 2nd half thanks to our defense and field position we score 17 points and one touchdown off a long pass to either Powell or Duzey. So looking at a final of 24-17 Hawks win and fans storm the field.
You do realize that Iowa is 4-11 in November from 2009-2012.

Wisconsin is really, really good. Their defense has been a lot better than expected, and it would be foolish to think Iowa can do any more than just slow down their run game a little bit.

Wisconsin will get their yards on the ground, and their defense will create a lot of problems for Iowa.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be.

Wisc., like Iowa, has lost to the only good teams they have played. Both played OSU well on the road. Both beat NW.
Should be close. If Iowa plays a clean game (no turn overs) we win.

Rudock throws 1 pick sometime during the game, probably at the end of a half when he's forcing somethin'. Iowa's safeties give up a wide-open pass in blown coverage for a touchdown. The Hawks have the same amount of points at the end of the game as they have at the end of the 1st half. Therefore, the Hawks lose 24-17.

For some reason I'm starting to buy into this team. The downside is that means a loss will hurt that much more.

Looking back, since 2002, every season that I would consider "successful" includes a win over Wisky (02, 03, 04, 08, 09; 05 is somewhere between successful and disappointing). For that reason, I am very hopeful that we can get it done this weekend.

They have a good coach. That's the biggest disadvantage we have. In the past when we've played teams that just line up and smash into us, we have done well. Unfortunately those teams never adjusted, or we had such a good pass rush that we really could force the other team into being dull.

We don't have that pass rush, and therefore stopping the run isn't as much of an advantage anymore. It's not so much that teams are really out scheming us, it's that we can't get to the QB.

I think this will be similar to the MSU game.

WI 30
IA 17

Spent last Friday driving through the beautiful Loess Hills of Western Iowa...
Boy I currently live in Correctionville, grew up in Woodbine. I will be heading to those hills with my bow this weekend. Folks do not realize the beauty of these hills. They truly are remarkable especially in the fall and spring. Wild and wooly country!

Boy I currently live in Correctionville, grew up in Woodbine. I will be heading to those hills with my bow this weekend. Folks do not realize the beauty of these hills. They truly are remarkable especially in the fall and spring. Wild and wooly country!

sorry to here that you live in Correctionville. :)

also, lots of folks predicting an iowa victory. i don't see it, but i'm sure hoping it!

My heart says Iowa 24-21.

But I think Wisky has the 2nd best defense in the conf so my logic says hawks score 17 or less.

And Wisky can be very balanced on offense which makes it difficult for the Dee.

Hawks have to focus on run stop which opens up some big pass plays.

Logic tells me Wisky 24 Hawks 14.

I would love to see the upset

Of the 4 remaining games, this is the worst match up.
We should win a close one at Purdue, lose to Michigan in a high scoring game, and, at this point, Debbie could go either way.

I don't trust our defense against Wisconsin running backs and in the trenches.
(Yes, I know the defense only gave up 10 points against NW, but if Colter was 100%, I feel that we would have lost that game.) Throw in a bye week, and Wisconsin is going to control the time of possession.

I see this game as a mirror of the Ohio State.
We have the lead at halftime, but Wisconsin continues to wear us down.

The crowd will be amped in the first half. We'll probably be up 17-3, but will fade in the second half.
Our offense in the 4th quarter is virtually non-existent this season.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see a 34-20 Wisconsin win.

Ok here is my thoughts. Kirk doesn't like Wisconsin I have watched many a game vs da badgers and Kirk is usually quite animated. I think smash mouth teams with a QB who is questionable at best and not real mobile is a team we fair well against. Don't under-estimate this fact...

I think this is a huge key. Our d-line does not have to focus as much on contain and can go after the QB a little more aggressively. This helps our pass rush be more effective and in turn allows us to adjust easier to stop the run.

Iowa - 17
Wisc - 13

Latest posts