Iowa v Northern Illinois Prediction Thread

You boys sure have us scoring a lot of points, and i am not sure why. Yes, NIU graduated a lot from their defense last year, but we were one of the most anemic offenses in the land last year...and we lost our best WR, QB and 3 yr starting Center. Say what you guys want, but until I see the Greg Davis system actually work once, I will not be predicting 20+ points in any game.

As for predictions, one of mine seems to already be coming true. I predict Ferentz does something that makes little to no sense in an aspect of the game that could come back to bite us. And on cue it seems we are wearing our home BLACK on a sweltering, sun drenched 2:30 game. I hope he wears black on the sidelines and then realizes how absolutely stupid it is to put his players in it! If given the choice, give me one good reason we should wear black? Yet we are!

Another prediction is that we run the slowest no huddle offense ever seen, and it is scrapped by the second quarter.

As for the game, I think we lose a close one by the exact score we won by last year, 17-16. I refuse to drink the kool aid just because I am thirsty. Give me something to get excited about, and THEN i will.

As for predictions, one of mine seems to already be coming true. I predict Ferentz does something that makes little to no sense in an aspect of the game that could come back to bite us. And on cue it seems we are wearing our home BLACK on a sweltering, sun drenched 2:30 game. I hope he wears black on the sidelines and then realizes how absolutely stupid it is to put his players in it! If given the choice, give me one good reason we should wear black? Yet we are!

Another prediction is that we run the slowest no huddle offense ever seen, and it is scrapped by the second quarter.

First, the purpose of the no huddle offense is to keep the defense from substituting; not to run a play every 15 seconds like Chip Kelly. And you're acting like this game is going to be played in Death Valley, ALL of these guys on both teams have played if worse conditions. Let's not act like we're going to lose this game because of the color of our uniforms..

24-21, Iowa.

Extra Prediction: First "little notebook scribble note" at the 13:20 first quarter mark. Probably an illegal motion penalty or something like that.

Iowa opening game scores since 2003

2003: W - Miami of Ohio 21-3
2004: W - Kent St. 39-7
2005: W - Ball St. 56 - 0
2006: W - Montana 41-7
2007: W - N. Illinois 16-3
2008: W - Maine 46-3
2009: W - N. Iowa 17-16
2010: W - E. Illinois 37-3
2011: W - Tenn Tech. 34-7
2012: W - N. Illinois 18-17

Looking at History Iowa Wins 24-10

The first play will be a 2 yd out to CJF, establishing the Greg Davis era is still here. The game will have 16 delays due to players cramping in the blazing August heat. Iowa will show they have the deeper team and win 42-14.

You boys sure have us scoring a lot of points, and i am not sure why. Yes, NIU graduated a lot from their defense last year, but we were one of the most anemic offenses in the land last year...and we lost our best WR, QB and 3 yr starting Center. Say what you guys want, but until I see the Greg Davis system actually work once, I will not be predicting 20+ points in any game.

As for the game, I think we lose a close one by the exact score we won by last year, 17-16. I refuse to drink the kool aid just because I am thirsty. Give me something to get excited about, and THEN i will.

We won 18 - 17 last year...

Less than a week away, might as well get this one going! Don't just predict the score, also guess the first play or something off the wall.

Iowa 23 - N Illinois 13

I'm guessing first play from scrimmage is Weisman running outside zone to the left right behind Scherff. Goes for 8 yards and that exact play is repeated at least a dozen times during the game.

edit: i also think Iowa isn't going to "show" much in this game unless they have to.

Fair prediction. I have to mention when viewing this same thread at Kakert's place that someone typed: "Iowa Rolls 26-13." Since when does a 13 point win (and 26 points total) = Iowa rolling over the opponent? A two score victory is not "rolling" your rival That guy defines blowouts the same way Kirk does. Anytime you're up by 10 points time to call off the dogs cuz you're blowing out the opponent. LOL. Give me a Hayden Fry victory any day over Kirk's tepid play-calling.

Fair prediction. I have to mention when viewing this same thread at Kakert's place that someone typed: "Iowa Rolls 26-13." Since when does a 13 point win (and 26 points total) = Iowa rolling over the opponent? A two score victory is not "rolling" your rival That guy defines blowouts the same way Kirk does. Anytime you're up by 10 points time to call off the dogs cuz you're blowing out the opponent. LOL. Give me a Hayden Fry victory any day over Kirk's tepid play-calling.

Winning by 2 scores IS "rolling" under Fetentz. Heck, he may even let up if they are up that much. So yes, winning by 2 scores is "rolling" the opposition under Ferentz.

Latest posts