IOWA -UNI game thread

Iowa up 29-23 at half. By the amount of posts I'm seeing I'm guessing apathy has set in for basketball just like it did in football. I guess fans are getting tired of caring more than the players, coaches and University.

Settles should just grab some pom pons. He's a lot better as an Iowa cheerleader than an objective announcer.

If I were a Panther fan it would feel like a bit of a homer call by Jess. Because of my rooting interest I don't care, but yeah, there is a clear bias.

UNI doesn't really run much of an offense. Holding the ball way too much trying to slow it down. Nothing really to be critical about with the Hawks in the first half. It is not doom and gloom. I think iowa is looking for good ***** as well. If iowa can move the ball inside out and hit some shots, they should win it!

Iowa up 29-23 at half. By the amount of posts I'm seeing I'm guessing apathy has set in for basketball just like it did in football. I guess fans are getting tired of caring more than the players, coaches and University.

I'm following this thread. Keep posting updates. kthx.

Pretty much the case for me. I'm watching but not too excited for this game. Im glad to see us winning again in the first half. Second halves have been our bugaboo.

This is not a good UNI team. If Iowa could shoot and make bunnies this would be a blowout. Woodbury.....how can the guy not finish through even the mildest of contact?!?! Same with Uthoff. I hope they find the weight room before next year. And for the love of God why is Clemmons still starting? As puzzling as Ogelsby getting significant mins.

UNI like most teams is not going to let the hawks fast break. Iowa's halfcourt is a little stagnant but we had patience and got some good buckets. It wont be high scoring against UNI.

I still see too many hawk players in the half court offense catch the ball and not be in a triple threat position (which is one of the first things you learn in junior high bball). Too many guys catch the ball and hold , and look around. A weave or something is needed sometimes to get some movement.

Defense looking pretty good. But when you are not playing an ISU type team that is raining in 23 footers it is easier to play defense. Hawks look more aware of where the shooters are today than a week ago.

UNI doesn't really run much of an offense. Holding the ball way too much trying to slow it down. Nothing really to be critical about with the Hawks in the first half. It is not doom and gloom. I think iowa is looking for good ***** as well. If iowa can move the ball inside out and hit some shots, they should win it!

UNI has like what....1 non 3pt basket? They're even less athletic than we are. If Iowa goes down to the likes of Wyatt Lohaus, Jesperson and Koch then this will be an extremely long season.

This is not a good UNI team. If Iowa could shoot and make bunnies this would be a blowout. Woodbury.....how can the guy not finish through even the mildest of contact?!?! Same with Uthoff. I hope they find the weight room before next year. And for the love of God why is Clemmons still starting? As puzzling as Ogelsby getting significant mins.

Agree on a lot of these points. I think clemmons is still starting because of his defense because when he seems to really focus he plays good Dee on the ball and can rebound in the lane.

We should be able to score 50 points in second half

It's getting real difficult for me to post about this team. How can we have this much talent yet 3 minutes into the 2nd half we have 29 points.

It's almost as if good teams make adjustments out of the half, and poorly-coached teams don't. Huh.