IOWA -UNI game thread

Blame whatever you want to....missed open shots is the main problem.

No its not. Not at all. We had maybe 5 open shots all game. The problem is the coaching and strategy in the half court. Fran has no clue how to run a set or coach in a game. The player development is embarrassing too. Its about 5% execution 95% our coach isnt a B1G bball coach.

Listening to the postgame show is hilarious. "UNI defense" this and "pace of the game" that.

Face it: this team has bad players and bad coaching. Until you say that, you're just fooling yourself.

I don't think this is too far off. They played good defense, Iowa did not adjust. UNI held the ball on offense and Iowa didn't adjust. UNI dictated the game.

No its not. Not at all. We had maybe 5 open shots all game. The problem is the coaching and strategy in the half court. Fran has no clue how to run a set or coach in a game. The player development is embarrassing too. Its about 5% execution 95% our coach isnt a B1G bball coach.

I understand your upset. We all are. But we missed a lot of open shots...29%?, they weren't all contested.

Hey, that's basketball.

Why is Oleseni on the postgame show before Fran? Send the kids whose dad died out before Fran talks? Does that seem like a good idea?

I understand your upset. We all are. But we missed a lot of open shots...29%?, they weren't all contested.

Hey, that's basketball.

Recruit players who don't miss open shots. Or at least a bunch of them. Constant games shooting low percentages, including games against wiener teams, indicates a pattern. We suck. Our coach sucks. There isn't much reason to live really.

I hope he lets it slips out. Would be nuclear. We would have confirmation that IA coaches are trolling the fan base then. It's laughable at this point. So sad. So very sad. I need whiskey fast!

I think Fran has taken us as far as we can go. I appreciate what he's done. He turned our program around but his in game coaching and continued use of Gesell and Ogelsby. Can't recruit. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt like the mistake I made with KF. There's no desire to improve.
I think you nailed. I honestly don't think Fran has clue #1 when it comes to lineups. Some guys are mid-major coaches and Fran is nothing more than a mid-major coach.

Bottom line is recruiting and we have such a tough time pulling in players in football and basketball. Having bonafide recruiters on staff has to be #1. This should have been the first thing Barta demands of both KF and Fran. Pay the big bucks to get guys on staff that can recruit. Players win games.

I also think the disconnect from Mason and the U-I side academics is a huge issue.

Latest posts