Iowa to lose one from the 2010 class

These are the types of threads that either need to be

a) Given who allegedly isn't coming
b) deleted

This other crap is just useless "my source is better then your source" junk

(my two cents)

I will try to put out as much information from confirmed sources any time I can. However, I am not going to burn bridges just to info out there.

1. Ben Brust is coming to Iowa
2. At least 3 of the 4 are coming, they are the most talented of the 4.
3. This latest rumor might not reach fruition. A lot of hearsay went into this one. I'm not saying it can't happen, but right now, it is what it is - hearsay.
4. I cannot give any more info than that.

If people would rather not get the info I provided and instead let rumors fester, I can do that. Instead, though, I just give the info that I have confirmed. That's all I can do.

I will try to put out as much information from confirmed sources any time I can. However, I am not going to burn bridges just to info out there.

3. This latest rumor might not reach fruition. A lot of hearsay went into this one. I'm not saying it can't happen, but right now, it is what it is - hearsay.

If people would rather not get the info I provided and instead let rumors fester, I can do that. Instead, though, I just give the info that I have confirmed. That's all I can do.

Spank, without giving anything away, how would you rank the new 2010 recruits 1 to 4???

Last edited:
Without giving anything away, how would you rank the new 2010 recruits 1 to 4???

smiley-laughing002.gif

I know who stormin's source is, however, I didn't bother to ask this person today because I wasn't to worried about it. Well, at least not about Ben, but I'm not sure about the other three.

While I would hate to see any of the current commits not come to Iowa it would open up the scholarship some people on this board want used on another point guard??

Where there is smoke...

If true, can anyone really blame the kid(s) for wanting out of their LOI? They see an empty arena and a program with no fan interest, a team that will win maybe 6 or 7 games, a program that appears to be in a nose dive and getting worse, a team that is just not very good and is showing little progress and is not competetive, one of the few experienced players just got kicked off the team (potentially), and the potential of a coach who might get fired in a year or so.

What is to look forward to?

If kids are jumping ship before they get here, it is another reason the cord needs cutting. This program cant afford to lose more kids, both the one s here and the ones to come, for this is just snowballing and it wont stop.

Here's the problem. The player that everyone in Iowa City is hearing about wanting out of his LOI is Ben Brust.Not sure about Spank's source because everyone else in the class is solid. Brust is not hearing good things about the Iowa program from his friend Cully Payne

Here's the problem. The player that everyone in Iowa City is hearing about wanting out of his LOI is Ben Brust.Not sure about Spank's source because everyone else in the class is solid. Brust is not hearing good things about the Iowa program from his friend Cully Payne

If this is true along with the other rumors about some current players wanting to leave after the year then changes will need to be made after this year.

It sounds like this program has major internal problems and with the defections the last 2 years only proves there are bigger problems than the wins and losses.

This is pretty funny. This is all smoke and nothing too it, Rob pretty much said that himself. I just wish that this would all go away, because this is pointless, they have signed a LOI and contractually cannot get out of it, unless the University grants it. It is pretty pointless IMHO.

DocsOffice, what ever team you are here trolling for or just being a pure negative idiot, you have no idea what you are talking about. I went to the game last Saturday to watch, I believe it was his family, as the brothers looked similiar, but one was rocking the Iowa hat, if something was going on, you seriously think that would be the case? Also, Cully has been a bright spot for this team, from the sounds of the recruiting, they want to play together, so why would he not want him to come?

If that is the case, than I have to admit I'm surprised that Rob would mention something like this on the radio, given all the negative press around the program. This can only lead to a big uproar..

Rob is at times negative press around the program!!! Just saying!!!

Seconded...when it comes to being a negative nancy concerning the basketball program, Rob Howe has few equals.

Then, to be honest, "everyone in Iowa City" is absolutely wrong.
Absolutely. Wrong.

I don't think I can be any clearer or more confident in that. Whoever "everyone" is, they don't have good info on this one.

If I had to make a guess, It would be McCabe...not based on anything, just a hunch since he was looking around quite a bit before finally "settling" on the Hawks. Everyone else seemed to be fully on board.

Then, to be honest, "everyone in Iowa City" is absolutely wrong.
Absolutely. Wrong.

I don't think I can be any clearer or more confident in that. Whoever "everyone" is, they don't have good info on this one.

To piggy-back on that, if Payne is telling potential recruits just how bad things are in Iowa City, he knows where the door is.

Latest posts