Iowa Targeting January for New OC

I was thinking same. Since HC in Washington going to Bama we might have a shot at grubb if we put up some money

what does that even mean, do you think Kirk sits his talent lol? Do you think he holds his players back from opportunity? Just admit you're not an Iowa fan cause no one is this daft that truly watches Iowa football. Iowa still has 20 players playing football over the next few weeks.
It means just exactly what it says. He doesn’t always play the best players. That’s been proven over and over through the years. He has his “type”. Just like guys tend to have a type in cars and women they are attracted to. Kirk has certain types of players he has a blind spot for. He loves the walk on/johnny hustle type guys. Guys that aren’t flashy. Guys that go in practice on walk through days or summer camp. On and on.

It means just exactly what it says. He doesn’t always play the best players. That’s been proven over and over through the years. He has his “type”. Just like guys tend to have a type in cars and women they are attracted to. Kirk has certain types of players he has a blind spot for. He loves the walk on/johnny hustle type guys. Guys that aren’t flashy. Guys that go in practice on walk through days or summer camp. On and on.
Do you know the difference between facts and opinion. What you are describing is your opinion but are really using only another opinion as a fact premise.

The game results and stats are the facts. They playlist used would be a fact. Who called the play is a fact. Who missed a block or overthrew an open receiver are sometimes facts.

Your hatred of KF is all the proof you need. You are accusing Iowa's winningest coach of actual throwing games by playing guys he liked in lieu of superior options. That might be the truth about Beutjer, who the coaches and players disliked but certainly no one else. Your belief that your opinions actually become facts because they are your convicted beliefs, doesn't "establish" a fact.

I don't want to argue about which players were held back to give the pets more time. Just don't want anyone to confuse your hatred with actual logic.

You are an idiot. Charlie Jones was a good player at Iowa and they utilized him well enough it afforded him to go to a way better system that made him a vocal point. Good for him, that is not how Iowa wins football games and Purdue sucks and can’t win that way either. Kirk does like players like that, they’re good stories but with Iowa’s hit ratio at the next level, they produce more talent that wasnt realized vs. hold people back. It’s evident and backed by the fact that you can see it on display every single Sunday.

I know a "Walk on/Johnny Hustle" type guy who has been in the NFL for nearly a decade.

Alex Erickson.

Kirk, Fry and Alvarez have always had a mix of overachievers and high ranking prospects. Some panned out, some didn't. Some did well in the NFL when they got their shot, some didn't.

Do you ever think that perhaps some college players peak early or stop working hard when they think they've done enough or were overhyped to begin with? And that people who are paid to judge talent can do a better job of that than jimokes like you and I?

Perhaps you're the one with the blind spot, with dozens and dozens of posts for evidemce.

I know a "Walk on/Johnny Hustle" type guy who has been in the NFL for nearly a decade.

Alex Erickson.

Kirk, Fry and Alvarez have always had a mix of overachievers and high ranking prospects. Some panned out, some didn't. Some did well in the NFL when they got their shot, some didn't.

Do you ever think that perhaps some college players peak early or stop working hard when they think they've done enough or were overhyped to begin with? And that people who are paid to judge talent can do a better job of that than jimokes like you and I?

Perhaps you're the one with the blind spot, with dozens and dozens of posts for evidemce.
There is a huge gap between what Oldhawk knows and what he thinks he knows.

I don’t know why you guys are giving @oldhawk12 the attention he is desperately craving. He is a long time Cyclone troll with many different alts.

He is a weird cat that gets more enjoyment out of trolling you guys than his own squad having success.

I don’t know why you guys are giving @oldhawk12 the attention he is desperately craving. He is a long time Cyclone troll with many different alts.

He is a weird cat that gets more enjoyment out of trolling you guys than his own squad having success.
I just saw Campbell may be a top candidate for UW if current OC follows DeBoer to bama.

Seems like a big step back for them.

Maybe we can get two or more of his alts trolling each other.

Its fun to watch HIM lose it once in a while as well. About four years ago I pointed out that Kirk's teams had a higher annual scoring average than Hayden's (probably no longer true) and I thought he was going to come right through my tablet and attack me.

Reactions: trj
Old Hawk is untethered to
Maybe we can get two or more of his alts trolling each other.

Its fun to watch HIM lose it once in a while as well. About four years ago I pointed out that Kirk's teams had a higher annual scoring average than Hayden's (probably no longer true) and I thought he was going to come right through my tablet and attack me.
Old Hawk is sad. All the lost time put into thinking and then typing 20 posts a day that just personally attacks the Ferentzes, ridicules the team and or otherwise denigrates Iowa. How empty would one's life has to be to spend that much time on being a buzz kill. Like HL Mencken without the wit or intelligence.​

There is a huge gap between what Oldhawk knows and what he thinks he knows.
Do you know the difference between facts and opinion. What you are describing is your opinion but are really using only another opinion as a fact premise.

The game results and stats are the facts. They playlist used would be a fact. Who called the play is a fact. Who missed a block or overthrew an open receiver are sometimes facts.

Your hatred of KF is all the proof you need. You are accusing Iowa's winningest coach of actual throwing games by playing guys he liked in lieu of superior options. That might be the truth about Beutjer, who the coaches and players disliked but certainly no one else. Your belief that your opinions actually become facts because they are your convicted beliefs, doesn't "establish" a fact.

I don't want to argue about which players were held back to give the pets more time. Just don't want anyone to confuse your hatred with actual logic.

@haydensly -- I don't think he understands the difference between a fact and an opinion. Makes it easy to always be right in one's own head.

A fellow Hawk fan recently forwarded me an article lauding Tara VanDeveer, Stanford women's hoops coach, who is only a few wins away from passing Coach K and becoming the all-time winningest college basketball coach for both men and women. Here's a germane part of that article:

Are there any other secrets to your success as a leader?

I am also not afraid to take risks and experiment. We ran one kind of offense for at least 12 years very successfully. When our team personnel changed, I studied the “Princeton offense” and thought it fit our team better. We won the N.C.A.A. in 2021 running that offense.

"Also, I am a lifelong learner
— from professors, assistants, players. I watch other Stanford teams practice and ask coaches about their training methods. And I watch so much basketball. I’m a copier who gets ideas from other basketball coaches."

A fellow Hawk fan recently forwarded me an article lauding Tara VanDeveer, Stanford women's hoops coach, who is only a few wins away from passing Coach K and becoming the all-time winningest college basketball coach for both men and women. Here's a germane part of that article:

Are there any other secrets to your success as a leader?

I am also not afraid to take risks and experiment. We ran one kind of offense for at least 12 years very successfully. When our team personnel changed, I studied the “Princeton offense” and thought it fit our team better. We won the N.C.A.A. in 2021 running that offense.

"Also, I am a lifelong learner
— from professors, assistants, players. I watch other Stanford teams practice and ask coaches about their training methods. And I watch so much basketball. I’m a copier who gets ideas from other basketball coaches."

compared with. "for the past 25 years i've done it this way"

Reminds me of a lodge meeting where some young member wants to change spagetti night to Thursday. Old timer stands up and makes an emotinal speech " For 25 years now me and Hilda been coming up here on Toosdee nights for spagetti night. Its always been that way. Its Toosdee night. That's what we've done for 25 years, that's just the way its always been"

You have a wild imagination. On top of that, you are obsessed with me and that’s weird. And I’d also say, way too much time on your hands