Iowa State Cancels Incarnate Word for Drake

It won’t count as s win, but ISU doesn’t need it to anymore. Looking for a home game and home concessions revenue, etc.

Good scrimmage for the 1st quarter, then get in the 2nd and 3rd teamers for meaningful reps without losing the redshirts status.

If I was a player on Drake, particularly a senior, I would seriously consider sitting that game out. Absolutely no way would I play quarterback in that game. That kid is going to get murdered. Maybe, maybe I would do it if Iowa State had to do a 3 apple rush and then could only rush 3 players. No bullshitting, this is a potentially dangerous situation for Drake's players and it is truly horrible judgment from the officials involved to allow a game like this to be scheduled.

If I was a player on Drake, particularly a senior, I would seriously consider sitting that game out. Absolutely no way would I play quarterback in that game. That kid is going to get murdered. Maybe, maybe I would do it if Iowa State had to do a 3 apple rush and then could only rush 3 players. No bullshitting, this is a potentially dangerous situation for Drake's players and it is truly horrible judgment from the officials involved to allow a game like this to be scheduled.

I wish I could double like this or double agree. If I get around to it I would like to see the size of Drake's lines.

Drake seniors rolling by the Clowns

Tmm1wyo.gif

I can't believe you guys are knocking Drake and their quality of football that they play!!!! Yeah, Iowa won 63-0, but Drake beat an ALL-STAR team 77-0!!!

OK, it was a Chinese all-star team, but it was still an all-star team.

I wish I could double like this or double agree. If I get around to it I would like to see the size of Drake's lines.
Their size probably doesn't look that bad on paper. The problem is their big guys probably carry more fat and aren't anywhere near as fast or strong as Iowa State's.

ISU isn't elite like Alabama, but they are a damned solid big money program and the talent discrepancy in this game is going to be utterly ridiculous.

I don't get all the snarky comments on this thread. This is a good thing for both ISU and Drake. And although Drake is a non-scholly program, they are still an FCS level program.

I am a little surprised that Drake was allowed to play an extra game, but they have only played 10 games this year. I guess Drske also had a game cancelled on 9/1 due to inclement weather, so that's why they also had an opening.

So it actually makes a lot of sense for the 2 teams to play each other. With Incarnate Word in the playoffs and their status uncertain, and ISU no longer has a chance at the Big 12 CCG, no need to wait to make this change. Drake needs to know now, cause they had assumed they had played their last game and was ready to close up shop.

Latest posts