Iowa St. has new uniforms, again!

I know you take a lot of shit here so I won’t get down on you too much, but why don’t you guys just pick a down to earth uniform with red and yellow (no white) that doesn’t copy USC’s and without without weird fonts. Put some understated yellow letters on a red helmet saying “STATE,” and call it good. Leave it for 40 years and then you’ll have you’re own “thing.” I hate ISU and even I could respect that.

Even if your team stinks people will at least identify with it. What good does it do to completely change your unis and mascot every year? Are you a tornado or are you a bird? Are your colors red & yellow? Red, white, yellow, and navy? Red, white, and gray? Black and white? It isn’t helping the team win and “energizing” the fans doesn’t work after a few iterations. It’s gotten comical enough that even your own fans are making fun of it.

Pick one logo, two colors, and stick with it for four or five decades. Trust me.

A lot of this is that Iowa has had, what, 2 coaches in the last 36 yrs. Iowa State has had like 6 or 7 in that same time frame. Many wanting to put their own spin on the program. Add into that, in the last 5 yrs or so the emphasis of these alternate uniforms. You are correct though, they really need to establish their primary uniforms (sensible) and stick with them most of the season. I actually think their colors pop on TV if select the correct cherry red and yellow.

Because there is no historical success to make people be emotionally tied to them. The players like them and they like changing them. Apparently the plan is to change the combination of jersey/pants/helmet each game. No two games will have the same combo. I’m guessing that will be the brand. More than one consists look.
Which might be original if Oregon hadn't already been doing it for years.

Changing the clown uni's is driving Ronald to drink again

latest

Which might be original if Oregon hadn't already been doing it for years.

I guess I'm not overly concerned with originality. I'm interested in what the current players like and what they are excited about, and they are clearly excited about this so that's a good thing.

Even more intriguing than the new uniforms is their new slogan, "The Process". I think it goes something like this:

Step 1. Go over 100 years without a conference championship.
Step 2. Repeat Step 1.
Step 3. Roll out some new uniforms to distract from Steps 1 and 2.
Step 4. Sell the rights to "The Process" to the local hog confinement facility.
Step 5. Use revenue to buy more new uniforms.
Step 6. Return to Step 1.

Even more intriguing than the new uniforms is their new slogan, "The Process". I think it goes something like this:

Step 1. Go over 100 years without a conference championship.
Step 2. Repeat Step 1.
Step 3. Roll out some new uniforms to distract from Steps 1 and 2.
Step 4. Sell the rights to "The Process" to the local hog confinement facility.
Step 5. Use revenue to buy more new uniforms.
Step 6. Return to Step 1.
traffic-tanked-275.jpg

How widely recognized is the tigerhawk logo (outside of the Big 10)?

It seems that former players are much more committed to traditional uniforms than recruits and newer players. The recruits and newer players will get there, but only after spending some years in the program. Like it or not, it seems that non-traditional uniforms actually do mean a lot to many of them.

I could careless.
Think about it... they are up there banging farm animals and the most original idea they can come up with is black?

You will never ever see iowa in that disgusting fairy red uni.

Latest posts