Iowa ranks last when it comes to Big Ten sports in 2012-13

The conference finish should be weighted in terms of revenue brought in/lost from the program. Not that it would help Iowa, but let's be honest if your football team is winning 10+ games every year the rest of your sports can suck and people will still think your doing well as an AD.

So lemme get this straight... All the non-revenue sports are sucking $$$ AND the overall rankings!?!? Whar the outrage?!?!? Fire Bary Garta!!!

Iowa has also traditionally finished near last for BIG teams in the Director's Cup rankings during Barta's tenure. Let's look at Gary's resume: Crappy hoops hire that cost millions to buyout, crappy football teams, unconscionable KF extension, crappy "other sports", overall worst athletics dept. in BIG for 12-13 season.

I think the safest jobs in America are with the UI athletics department. It took Dahm about 10 years of losing seasons before they finally let him go. Where is the accountability over there?

Iowa has also traditionally finished near last for BIG teams in the Director's Cup rankings during Barta's tenure. Let's look at Gary's resume: Crappy hoops hire that cost millions to buyout, crappy football teams, unconscionable KF extension, crappy "other sports", overall worst athletics dept. in BIG for 12-13 season.

I think the safest jobs in America are with the UI athletics department. It took Dahm about 10 years of losing seasons before they finally let him go. Where is the accountability over there?

I don't blame him for the Lickliter hire. He was the reigning national coach of the year, he had a personality that was about 180 degrees from Alford which a large chunk of the fan base was sick of, obviously in hindsight it was a bad hire, but at least Barta was smart enough to cut his losses after three years and followed it up with a terrific hire.

I think there is a law about girl sports that takes it out of his hands
The odds of Barta making the decision to get rid of baseball so they can leave other girl sports in that lose more money and absolutely nobody cares about or watches?

FreedComanche

That was my point. And it SUCKS!!! That's why Isu and Uni had to get rid of baseball.

FreedComanche

Title IX was only part of the reason. BVD was a piece of an AD and budget cuts had to be made as well. I'm kind of shocked Iowa finished last to be honest.

I will give $1,000 to the first person I meet that can name a women's sports coach at Iowa besides Lisa Bluder. This selective caring about lame sports when it fits your agenda is awesome.

I will give $1,000 to the first person I meet that can name a women's sports coach at Iowa besides Lisa Bluder. This selective caring about lame sports when it fits your agenda is awesome.

My dad used to coach girls college basketball and football. He will be the first to tell you that girls basketball is boring. The highlights for the WMBA are layups. Nobody really cares unless they know somebody who plays and some of those people dont even care.

Gary Barta just sent the Baseball coach packing because he wasn't producing results.

Neither is Gary Barta. Whose job is it to send him packing?

The odds of Barta making the decision to get rid of baseball so they can leave other girl sports in that lose more money and absolutely nobody cares about or watches?

FreedComanche

I've covered baseball and softball games, and women's swimming meets in my time at the DI.

More people show up to watch the softball and swimming than for baseball. Iowa baseball sucks that hard.

Latest posts