Iowa/PSU match by match results thread

Iowa wins 22-13, doesn't sound like an interview on the radio with Brands since they have to hurry and catch a flight back to Iowa.

Thanks for all the updates everyone. I just love how Brands had to know what he had in the holster at 141. Welcome back Montell!

I'm guessing Ramos locked up the 133 spot today. Can't see why you'd put anyone but him there now. As for 141, Marion is probably best there. At 149 the younger Ballweg would probably look better if he was able to go at 149 lbs. instead of weighing 141.

When team goes right into the belly of the beast in a very hostile place, and rips its lungs out, that's what I call great victory!
GO HAWKS!

this is a great dual team wish we would of been at national duals

Do you think Brands spent that time training instead of resting them for National Duals?

I figured Brands thought he would be better off in the long run if he spent that time teaching/training rather than trying to get them to peak for a midseason tourney. Obviously we will never know but that's how I figured it.

o i agree with what he did im just saying it would of been a great tournament to watch...it obviously worked

Do you think Brands spent that time training instead of resting them for National Duals?

I figured Brands thought he would be better off in the long run if he spent that time teaching/training rather than trying to get them to peak for a midseason tourney. Obviously we will never know but that's how I figured it.

I agree. That had to be his thinking. Right now, it's really hard to argue the logic. Went to Okie State and tied them in a match that nobody was really giving us much hope in and then went to Sad Valley and clobbered Cael's boys (another match that nobody was giving us much hope in). I was disappointed that we didn't go to the National Duals but it certainly looks to be the right decision if you look at the progress made from the Midlands until now.

I've read some other forums and is it just me or were the PSU fans cocky this week? Hopefully today was a humbling experience for them. I understand the reason for optimism but they were a little overboard IMO.

Way to go HAWKS!

thematforums.com is gonna be pretty intense next couple of days

LOL. No doubt about that. I generally don't check those much anymore. Lots of crazies posting, but I have to admit this week I was sucked in. Maybe Kentucky Mudflap will set the PSU fans strate (purposely misspelled for flap). :)

my brother was at the match and said twenty hawk fans was overstating it and that psu fans were very over confident and during the third period of marions match all 4000 people in white were in pure disbelief also said gambralls match sounded like a funeral.

i read an article where brands compliments psu and it said that brands so rarely praises his opponent it makes you wonder if he was truly impressed or if he had something up his sleeve. then i saw marion behind the bench friday night and it all came together...

Latest posts