Iowa Players Get Off Twitter

Not sure if I can turn off all notifications on there. And even if I could, the folks that own HN want me interacting with people on social media platforms to “build the brand.”

There’s some good on there with fans, and I block or mute a lot of the assholes, it just gets tiring at times. And by the end of basketball after having gone through football, I’m worn out and less tolerant.
Your an extremely self aware person Rob. That's half the battle with it. These younger folks with all that they have on their plate being in the public realm with no experience or teaching of how to handle it all has to be tough. Some handle it way better then others. Some need to just shut it all down. From the coaching angle it'd be the easy thing to do to just have em not be on it to begin with. I can't say it's not the right thing to do either. It's like saying to prevent drinking and driving don't let em go to the party or bar to begin with. Well how do you 'make' kids do that?

The fact they have to come out and say this tells me they were bothered by the “outside noise”. Honestly frans should see this as just embrassing as his months of March’s. Again if you’re a D1 athlete and can’t handle criticism, go D2 maybe even D3 where you won’t be so public.

Twitter is not for everyone. It's not for the weak minded. It's not for the faint of heart. It's not for people that take themselves too seriously. It's not for people with "snow flake" feelings. If you fit into any of the above categories, you will encounter lots of people just like you and you won't like it.

Why do people engage these players on Twitter? I'll never understand that. What good comes from that?

Not all Iowa fans are creepy old people. There are plenty of age appropriate peers of the players on Twitter. There is also the entire sports following world that will occasionally find Iowa kids to troll or complement.

Latest posts