Iowa player sent home from Insight

Duff, I could have a 'policy' where everything was allowed. The site would get traffic but, but over time the kind of traffic that would be is not the kind of workplace I want to operate in. My stance on these matters probably drives some people away who enjoy that stuff. I am OK with that.

Duff, I could have a 'policy' where everything was allowed. The site would get traffic but, but over time the kind of traffic that would be is not the kind of workplace I want to operate in. My stance on these matters probably drives some people away who enjoy that stuff. I am OK with that.

I understand, that does sound like a site I'd enjoy being a part off. I guess I just see a distinction there. Of course I should remember who we are talking about here.... I mean half this site still can't figure out the difference between calling out a player from reasonable criticism.

I am looking into creating some subforums...if there was ever a day where I allowed anything close to a gossip forum, the requirement will be to create a username that I will have verified as being someone's true identity, or having logged in with your facebook account which will also have been verified as a true identity.

Our upcoming change to new forum software is going to allow for that.

I wish this were the case period....full name, town of residence, what you do for a living. I guarantee you’d need very little moderation and you’d have a cleaner, more thoughtful site.

You’d also lose some subscribers…..people don’t WANT to be held accountable for their poor actions.

Sorry, complete accident...I forgot myself.

Last edited:
I am looking into creating some subforums...if there was ever a day where I allowed anything close to a gossip forum, the requirement will be to create a username that I will have verified as being someone's true identity, or having logged in with your facebook account which will also have been verified as a true identity. Our upcoming change to new forum software is going to allow for that.
I wish this were the case period....full name, town of residence, what you do for a living. I guarantee you�d need very little moderation and you�d have a cleaner, more thoughtful site. You�d also lose some subscribers�..people don�t WANT to be held accountable for their poor actions. Sorry, complete accident...I forgot myself.

Some people? If JD required Facebook logon to post then posts, page views, and ad revenue would dramatically plummet. Take a look at any news paper site that has done that. As other people on this site have proven peeps on the web are ******* crazy.

Id be willing to bet even JD has had more than one moment of discomfort realizing how public he is as founder of this site, and takes extraordinary lengths to avoid dressing people down, even when they deserve it.

I actually don't care if they use real names on here. I voice the same opinions on here as I do im the real world.

That would be a good idea-Jon.....if you did have a "gossip" forum, to have identity verified ( ie:facebook) , to many people use newsgroups to post junk & not have to worry about backlash because their's no trail to them.

That would be a good idea-Jon.....if you did have a "gossip" forum, to have identity verified ( ie:facebook) , to many people use newsgroups to post junk & not have to worry about backlash because their's no trail to them.

I still don't get how a facebook account somehow verifies your identity. It takes about as much time to set up a facebook account as it does to register on here. If someone wants to they can easily set up a fake account.

maybe Prater, as he was in the ER for awhile it was posted on another site
he is doing fine otherwise

I found this on the Gazette site. SIAP. Hopefully it's just precautionary.

BLR_8838.jpg

Iowa cornerback Shaun Prater leaves the practice field at Chaparral High School during Iowa's Insight Bowl practice on Monday.

From gas to injuries, Ferentz speaks | TheGazette

it may have been easier years ago to make up a fb acct, but I believe now it's a lot stricter, you need a valid email address & have to list your mobile #

it may have been easier years ago to make up a fb acct, but I believe now it's a lot stricter, you need a valid email address & have to list your mobile #

have no idea - but how would they connect your mobile phone to you? couldn't you simply use any mobile phone number - picked randomly from the web? and obviously make up an email address.

So I just read through this whole tread and my only question is did treychase banned for being annoying?

have no idea - but how would they connect your mobile phone to you? couldn't you simply use any mobile phone number - picked randomly from the web? and obviously make up an email address.

They text you a confirmation code you have to enter on the website, but you can have multiple accounts on the same phone number so it's just a way to stop spam accounts, not verify identities.

The Iowa City Police just have it out for the football team. Simple as that.
Disagree!
However the ICPD will not treat any Iowa athlete with any kind of special treatment or give them the benefit of the doubt in any situation.
I lived in IC from 81-86 and there was a very distinct transition in how ICPD handled the athletes during that timeframe.

So back on topic after that trainwreck... anyone have concrete evidence on who it is?

The same goes for the posters that think they know it all but only personally attack other posters to feel good about themselves.

We do need more moderation, I agree.That said, people who prove they cannot control themselves need to move on to another site.

I said my bad, you guys are right & the majority of us are wrong.
There's nothing wrong with a few dozen guys getting arrested/suspended/dismissed from the program. Its pretty reasonable. It happens everywhere.

Hey Chase, I think you must be looking for the sarcastic a**hole board. This isn't it, so take a leap pal.

Latest posts