Iowa player sent home from Insight

We do need more moderation, I agree.

That said, people who prove they cannot control themselves need to move on to another site.

Way too many attacks, like pointless and crude ones. Way too much paranoia play. Way too much BLAME GAMING. I rely on humor to make it through most days in real life, and on here. Some of this crap is below a tweener's ability at best. You suppose these spats and issues are affecting the way people conduct their actual lives Jon? Appears that way at times.....

The constant little ****ing matches get really old.

If you don't agee with something then just say that and why and leave it at that.

The site shouldn't NEED more moderation. People just need to cut the high school crap.

That's how I typically view things..and wish others could 'behave' this way. But there are times, every few years or so, where the grease fires flare up. This is one of those times

Any more posts from people posting names or their guesses as to what happened unless it can be linked to an actual on the record report will result in that user being banned for a while..and if its from someone that has been banned recently, it will be permanent.

I don't really get the hating on rumors . Most of the biggest stories on here grow from random speculation on the forums and many people's input. If I wanted to read the news, I would go to the website but this site is about getting the news before it is official. That is my honest opinion.

I don't really get the hating on rumors . Most of the biggest stories on here grow from random speculation on the forums and many people's input. If I wanted to read the news, I would go to the website but this site is about getting the news before it is official. That is my honest opinion.

I don't mind people posting general things. Such as the start of this thread. It didn't speculate on a player's identity or reason.

But what happens is if a thread like this goes unmoderated, is four or five names are going to get thrown in the hopper and ten or more scenarios will get tossed around as to why.

That means some folks will be 'implicated' in something they had no part in and have crap on their shoes for it, and that's what I don't want to see.

Any more posts from people posting names or their guesses as to what happened unless it can be linked to an actual on the record report will result in that user being banned for a while..and if its from someone that has been banned recently, it will be permanent.

Ok, I can understand not having speculation here about as to what happened, especially when speculation involves legal matters.

But I'm having trouble understanding why speculating on who the player might be (especially given some of the peoples sources around here) is also taboo. I mean its not like it damages the players reputation like the former can.

For example if I say I've heard JVB didn't practice today and got sent back to Iowa (for example purposes only, I've not heard that and I'm not saying that), and tomorrow he shows up for practice It's not like anyone thinks less of JVB. In fact the only reputation that tarnishes is mine.

Ok, I can understand not having speculation here about as to what happened, especially when speculation involves legal matters.

But I'm having trouble understanding why speculating on who the player might be (especially given some of the peoples sources around here) is also taboo. I mean its not like it damages the players reputation like the former can.

For example if I say I've heard JVB didn't practice today and got sent back to Iowa (for example purposes only, I've not heard that and I'm not saying that), and tomorrow he shows up for practice It's not like anyone thinks less of JVB. In fact the only reputation that tarnishes is mine.

And who is 'Duffman'?

Of course, there is someone behind the username, but the username is all anyone around here knows about..and there is no downside to just throwing crap around carelessly or not.

If someone just sucks it up enough with their username to where that name becomes a joke for being wrong all the time, you can just hit the rest button, create a new name and start all over again if 'street cred' matters.

That's not the direction I want these message boards to go.

Maybe a "rumor" forum? :)

I am looking into creating some subforums...if there was ever a day where I allowed anything close to a gossip forum, the requirement will be to create a username that I will have verified as being someone's true identity, or having logged in with your facebook account which will also have been verified as a true identity.

Our upcoming change to new forum software is going to allow for that.

You could even argue that the former doesn't tarnish someones reputation either. If a rumor gets started that someone did something illegally it will eventually either come out as true or not true. If someone started a rumor that I was being investigated for murder I couldn't care less because it could easily be proved to be not true. If it did happen to bother me I would simply tweet that I didn't murder anyone. This post has nothing to do with the rules of this site. It is about rumors and how they are no big deal if they can easily be proved false.

You could even argue that the former doesn't tarnish someones reputation either. If a rumor gets started that someone did something illegally it will eventually either come out as true or not true. If someone started a rumor that I was being investigated for murder I couldn't care less because it could easily be proved to be not true. If it did happen to bother me I would simply tweet that I didn't murder anyone. This post has nothing to do with the rules of this site. It is about rumors and how they are no big deal if they can easily be proved false.

As it relates to this topic, you could argue with a fence and get further.

For the foreseeable future, this is how we'll keep dealing with this stuff until a time comes when we create a way where accountability can shift to true identities.

Ok, I can understand not having speculation here about as to what happened, especially when speculation involves legal matters. But I'm having trouble understanding why speculating on who the player might be (especially given some of the peoples sources around here) is also taboo. I mean its not like it damages the players reputation like the former can.For example if I say I've heard JVB didn't practice today and got sent back to Iowa (for example purposes only, I've not heard that and I'm not saying that), and tomorrow he shows up for practice It's not like anyone thinks less of JVB. In fact the only reputation that tarnishes is mine.
And who is 'Duffman'? Of course, there is someone behind the username, but the username is all anyone around here knows about..and there is no downside to just throwing crap around carelessly or not.If someone just sucks it up enough with their username to where that name becomes a joke for being wrong all the time, you can just hit the rest button, create a new name and start all over again if 'street cred' matters.That's not the direction I want these message boards to go.

I get that Duffman loosing street cred does little real harm to me. My point was false allegations that JVB was sent home does no real damage to anyone.

I said my bad, you guys are right & the majority of us are wrong.
There's nothing wrong with a few dozen guys getting arrested/suspended/dismissed from the program. Its pretty reasonable. It happens everywhere.

WOW…..we have now progressed to the point that you think you are the majority. But that does go with the old axiom, tell a lie, tell it big and tell it often and the people will believe!!

I have a standing offer for you, go to any 5 major teams and research them. If you can find us out of line I’ll say I’m sorry. If not you will……………..Here is a very quick list running down the injury report.

These include suspension of academics, legal, left team/personal……does not count undisclosed as some of them are undoubtedly of this nature but not necessarily.

Bama….2
BYU…2
Cali…2
Clemson…3
UF…2
FSU…3

This is not in any way an all inclusive list and several of these teams may have had more that fell off of the injury report AFTER suspension served.

Sorry, accident......

Last edited:
BTW I would have posted this in the Festivus thread but I couldn't post in that because someone who others (NOT ME) have described as a power hungry e-muscle flexer banned me for a few days.

I wish all sites handled rumors like Jon does. Seriously guys it is pathetic. I've read everywhere from sexual assault to skydiving for cokers suspension. I swear some people only post on message boards to **** people off/start rumors.

This thread is a perfect example. I've been on the road all day and have seen the twitter updates all day, so I get on this site and have to go through 6 pages of a ******* match between a few posters.. Andhave no new info on our d player suspended

Latest posts