Iowa Oregon gamethread **OFFICIAL**

If that happened Iowa loses 97-98.

Back on topic, you made this dramatic comment Olivecourt and I quote: I do know that Oregon had nothing going offensively in the first half other than free throws

37 points is had nothing going offensively??? Any team in the country would take 37 for a Halftime score.

My god, will you settle down? These threads are supposed to be for discussion about the game. I'm not making dramatic comments at all-- I'm just making observations. I even pointed out in my post that I didn't think refereeing swung the game, I just though it helped OU weather the storm in the first half when they weren't en fuego NBA Jam-style. If you want to have a ******* match, go to your neighborhood bar.

Back to the point: in the first half, Oregon was taking a ton of jump shots, especially from three, and missing a fair amount of them (they were 3-12 from 3 for the first half). It was Singler from outside or Ashaolo at the rim and at the line. Joseph and Sim were in check. It wasn't anything close to the second half, when they were either making 24-footers or passing out of traps for uncontested dunks. They only missed 7 shots in the entire second half!

You might have also noticed that OU closed the half very nicely in the last five minutes... which is when Matt Gatens go sent to the bench with his second foul (an offensive foul off the ball, no less).

Yes, 37 points from the field is plenty. But basketball is all relative. No team wants to have 37 points at the half if their opponent has 51. When you play the kind of tempo both teams were playing, there are going to be a ton of points, because there are a ton of possessions. You can say that giving up 37 points from the field is terrible, but the reality is that if Iowa defended in the second half the way they did in the first, they are right there with a chance to win in the final minute.

HP40, you've lost the argument. Suck it up, you'll have another day to be proud. Today isn't that day though. :)

You know what's even more funny? The fact that you are so butthurt over the fact that you lost the argument, so you change your sig to get back at me as if anyone gives a $hit. It's a freakin internet message board.

Oregon FT attempted= 32
Iowa FT attempted= 15

There is no argument to lose. Iowa lost because they played bad, bad defense nothing excellent about what I saw today in either half. Officiating didn't lose this game. quit whinning about that.

Ok HP40,
Read Olive's post and try to understand. The fact that you think officiating can't affect who wins a basketball game shows how low your BB IQ really is. Everyone that saw the game besides you saw a one-sided and poorly officiated game. Did they play bad defense in the second half? Yes. Did it matter? No

I bet you think the UNI game wasn't poorly officiated. Am I right? lol

You might have also noticed that OU closed the half very nicely in the last five minutes... which is when Matt Gatens go sent to the bench with his second foul (an offensive foul off the ball, no less).

Yes, 37 points from the field is plenty. But basketball is all relative. No team wants to have 37 points at the half if their opponent has 51. When you play the kind of tempo both teams were playing, there are going to be a ton of points, because there are a ton of possessions. You can say that giving up 37 points from the field is terrible, but the reality is that if Iowa defended in the second half the way they did in the first, they are right there with a chance to win in the final minute.

Ok HP40,
Read Olive's post and try to understand. The fact that you think officiating can't affect who wins a basketball game shows how low your BB IQ really is. Everyone that saw the game besides you saw a one-sided and poorly officiated game. Did they play bad defense in the second half? Yes. Did it matter? No The fact that you still claim that our poor Defense didn't matter is ridiculous.

I bet you think the UNI game wasn't poorly officiated. Am I right? lol

Everyone? but me?
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/44324-refs-were-what-conference.html

Last edited:
So you don't think the UNI game was poorly officiated. Interesting.
Even if we played good defense, the stripes were going to make sure we didn't win. That's just how it is today in college basketball. We have been on the other side of that kind officiating as well. It's wrong no matter how you look at it. :)

So you don't think the UNI game was poorly officiated. Interesting. Even if we played good defense, the stripes were going to make sure we didn't win. That's just how it is today in college basketball. We have been on the other side of that kind officiating as well. It's wrong no matter how you look at it. :)

Oh please, the refs didn't help them shoot 72% from the field in the 2nd half.

So you don't think the UNI game was poorly officiated. Interesting.
Even if we played good defense, the stripes were going to make sure we didn't win. That's just how it is today in college basketball. We have been on the other side of that kind officiating as well. It's wrong no matter how you look at it. :)

I could give a rat's *** about game played 4 months ago.

Latest posts