Iowa only a 17 pt dog against Buckeyes?

All of Iowa's offense goes through KF. You blame him or the OC? That's what I thought.

Iowa's defense isn't dominant yet you still blame the offense for Iowa's loses. BTW if the defense was dominant, why would you worry so much about getting a 'higher powered' offense? For example, teams like Wisky and the Steelers don't worry about a higher powered offense because they win with a dominant defense...today's 'KF-powered' Iowa offense would be sufficient with a dominant defense...didn't I just type that? Your post is spoken like a true genius of Iowa offense and defense.:rolleyes:

EDIT: do you suppose Iowa's defensive line could get some pressure on the opponent's QB every once in a while?

I get frustrated with the defense as well when they can't stop a team on that final two-minute drive in a close game. I get frustrated also with the bend and ultimately break defense. My problem is that KF keeps so many games close. The way Iowa stays close is by having an offensive game plan that isn't about points, but rather field position.
All I'm saying is that asking one of three units to carry 88% of the water, doesn't seem like a game plan that maximizes wins. I understand that offense wins game and defense wins championships. But when BF runs Wadley into a wall repeatedly, you have to ask yourself, "Does the staff understand what to do when they can't impose their will?"

I get frustrated with the defense as well when they can't stop a team on that final two-minute drive in a close game. I get frustrated also with the bend and ultimately break defense. My problem is that KF keeps so many games close. The way Iowa stays close is by having an offensive game plan that isn't about points, but rather field position.
All I'm saying is that asking one of three units to carry 88% of the water, doesn't seem like a game plan that maximizes wins. I understand that offense wins game and defense wins championships. But when BF runs Wadley into a wall repeatedly, you have to ask yourself, "Does the staff understand what to do when they can't impose their will?"

BHGP site had an article breaking down this. KF wants close games, it's his style.

What is odd is that with his insistence on this style, you'd think his record in close games would be better.

It's actually really bad.

BHGP site had an article breaking down this. KF wants close games, it's his style.

What is odd is that with his insistence on this style, you'd think his record in close games would be better.

It's actually really bad.

It is a style that allows Iowa to compete with superior opponents. It is also a style that increases the chances that teams equal to or inferior the ability to compete or win.

Its the style that prevents us from getting top level talent, especially at the skill positions. We play a boring brand of football in hopes of keeping games close, especially games against superior talent. Also, our coach still thinks its 1999, which doesn't help. The game has evolved, KF and staff have not, nor will they. Listen to his smart ass remarks about the uniforms, then ask yourself why any recruit worth a damn would want to play for him.

I didn't call it, but I kinda, sorta wished and hoped for it!!

College FB is the most difficult sport to predict wins, let alone scores. So many variables each week for each game. I have no idea how people think they can call a score.
I truly agree that Kinnick is special and anything can happen there and often does - thank you MPLR! (Mighty Pink Locker Room),
But even during my most optimistic "Go Hawks"-chug the koolaid-cornfed kickass-moments, I can't see our offense producing much more than 70-80 yds rushing and 220 yds passing against these guys.
Our best bet is to hope for an over-confident /sloppy OSU squad to show up that results in Iowa being at least +2 on turnovers (Come on JJ!)
My fear is that we haven't seen anything like OSU's Defense all year. I watched the PSU game...OSU's D is really, really good and damn are they ever fast to the ball. I picture KF saying "You thought we had too many 3rd and longs against Minny you say??... Hold my Beer."
Justifiable sarcasm aside, I hope BF throws the kitchen sink at 'em, breaks out a couple exotics and from his defiance gets taken out of the will. At least we'll give 'em a helluva scare!
GO HAWKS!

The Big LeHAWKski, Monday at 9:01 PMEditDeleteReport
#16Reply

LMAO I read 3 or 4 posts and realized only latter that this was 2017... what a masterful thread resurection. You win the internet

Latest posts