Iowa only a 17 pt dog against Buckeyes?

Yeah what's Vegas know? I'd have thought 20ish or so. But Kinnick magic must have them on tilt a little. I think it could be a game that gets ugly early. But who knows still gotta put the pads on and get out there.

I think Iowa will cover. Defense is too good, and OSU is just coming off an extraordinary win in a game with huge implications. Iowa will be extra dialed in from watching the film, and OSU will be patting themselves on the back.

It'll be 13-10 at half. It'll be 34-13 when it's over.

Considering how this offense gets a little worse each game and as the game progresses, take the moral victory that u hung with them for 30 and get focused on teams u have a realistic chance of beating.

College FB is the most difficult sport to predict wins, let alone scores. So many variables each week for each game. I have no idea how people think they can call a score.
I truly agree that Kinnick is special and anything can happen there and often does - thank you MPLR! (Mighty Pink Locker Room),
But even during my most optimistic "Go Hawks"-chug the koolaid-cornfed kickass-moments, I can't see our offense producing much more than 70-80 yds rushing and 220 yds passing against these guys.
Our best bet is to hope for an over-confident /sloppy OSU squad to show up that results in Iowa being at least +2 on turnovers (Come on JJ!)
My fear is that we haven't seen anything like OSU's Defense all year. I watched the PSU game...OSU's D is really, really good and damn are they ever fast to the ball. I picture KF saying "You thought we had too many 3rd and longs against Minny you say??... Hold my Beer."
Justifiable sarcasm aside, I hope BF throws the kitchen sink at 'em, breaks out a couple exotics and from his defiance gets taken out of the will. At least we'll give 'em a helluva scare!
GO HAWKS!

I think it is about what I expected...

Iowa has a decent defense (which would be outstanding if the offense could move the ball more often)...

Iowa has underachieved and sputtered...can it deliver a game of over achievement?

Need some turnovers...some return yards...a coaching staff willing to take on some risk...not to cover but to win...

I wouldn't bet on Iowa, however, last bet was vs Stanford when I was content with, what, 11 points or so...which were gone after 45 seconds in the first quarter...

The final score might hinge on how many points Urban wants to put on the board...which might be many, given the playoff race for OSU...

"Good game Kirk, hope we didn't hurt any of your boys."

On the other hand...with a big upset...Kirk might be so choked up and filled with tears that he won't be able to interview...that would be my preference...

If tOSU had an offensive style like MSU, (pro-style, run first) Iowa's D would keep the game close and low scoring. Since tOSU's offense is a quality spread offense with heavy doses of running, I expect tOSU to have approximately 24 points of offense. If the opponent's offense had a quality spread offense with heavy doses of passing (like Pedo State), the score would be much higher, in the 30s range. The score of the Pedo State game was an aberration since Pedo State couldn't punch the ball in from the less than 10 yard line on numerous occasions. They left, at least, 10 points on the field in that game from the less than 10 yard line.

I know, I buried the lead, which is: Iowa doesn't have an outstanding defense and also limits Iowa's offensive possessions with the bend but don't break defense.

Latest posts