Iowa Offers 14 Year Old

then i must have misunderstood the comment " not sure if they stand a chance the big dogs are all over him" how can i interpret it any other way than the usuall "don't stand a chance comments"

I think that's a way of saying there is only a small chance. Not the same as saying we have no chance. subtle difference there.

we have been there since last year, have the Duez connection= chance!!! Dragon chill bro!! We all like Gabe!! but if he puts up numbers like you think.......hell he'll go pro after soph year.....lol

You have totally missed my point on research and that is okay. I guess that is what I should have expected, the funny thing is, who his parents are may actually matter. If he was indeed Bill Jones' kid, that would make some sense as to why Iowa offered him prior to his freshman season in high school...the reality is that he isn't Bill's son, but turns out he is just a heck of a player and one I hope to see in an Iowa uniform.

Also, back to the research, for someone who is quick to rip others for not finding out all the information on Olaseni, cut them a break. Also, history does not bode well for the expectation that you have put on this kid...5 bpg, get real. You quote games from some London or summer league, but yet you don't bother to get the true story on Jones' parents and if he was indeed Bill Jones' son. You say you don't know where to look on finding out the information on Jones, but you found all the information and stats you could find on Gabe, get serious. I am not singling out Gabe, you have with your "down to earth" expectations: "the points if he shoots ft's well i could see 8-9 pg, rebounds 8-11 pg, bpg 4-5"...If he gets anywhere near your rebound and blocks per game, I will eat crow.
hey Dbag....relax! Seriously. WTF

this is no longer ther 40 to maybe the occasional 50+ pts a game under Lick where we will be lucky to have a dbl figure scorer, Fran want a tempo of mid 80' to lower 90's, more scoring = more dbl digit scorers, more scoring = more shooting, more shooting = more chances at rebounds so the chance for someone to average dbl figures in rb is there to be had, and Olaseni gives us something that we have not had in years and that is a " CENTER",and i never said he would average a dbl dbl, i said he could average 8 to 10 pts and 8 to 10 rbds, big difference, so assh@le you back off, and the the spittig of hairs of what he said doesn't cut it

then i must have misunderstood the comment " not sure if they stand a chance the big dogs are all over him" how can i interpret it any other way than the usuall "don't stand a chance comments"
Because, like I said, I'm not part of the usual "don't stand a chance comment" crowd. So don't lump me in with those. Got it?

then be careful how you state it, i get tired of people attacking me and nit picking of comments, at this stage Iowa's chanes with Tyus are as good as anyone, and i believe they are better than your assessment of very litte chance as you put it

then be careful how you state it, i get tired of people attacking me and nit picking of comments, at this stage Iowa's chanes with Tyus are as good as anyone, and i believe they are better than your assessment of very litte chance as you put it

People attack you because you post like an a-hole who has no idea what they are talking about. It is not very hard to figure out.

No, I won't be careful how I state it. This was a ONE-OFF comment on a particular recruit and you are blanketing me on it. That is wrong, so stop.

You think Iowa's chances are good as anyone's? Awesome. You must have some super awesome soothsaying ability. Because you certainly don't have anymore information his recruitment than I do.

Hey,Dragonhawk- you are an enthused Iowa bb fan, great. We need fans like you.
Now, that said, this is a message board and everyone has opinions just like you.
I personally hope that Gabe has those kinds of numbers,and will celebrate it if he does,and offer you congrats on your prescient evaluation. I am always hesitant to build too big of expectations on young players before they even don the Hawk uniform,because if they do fall short, some fans will call them a bust or something akin to that.
I believe in senioritis, the syndrome where seniors suddenly realize that it is their last shot at making an impact in their careers,and the light goes on and they produce at a higher level than expected. This is why I think Brommer will put up some numbers for Iowa this year,which would tend to take minutes from Gabe...ok?

I totally agree JH, saw some signs out of Brommer last year that were exciting!! Wish this wasnt his SR year . Llost a lot of development time under Lick! I think the kid(if healthy) can have a all BT honorable mention type of year. He'll have to smarten up and be able to stay on the floor for that to happen.

Coming as someone who has said some incredibly stupid things and started incredibly stupid fights on message boards, this is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever read on this site.

Holy sh&* ... just wasted 10 minutes of my life on a thread of finger pointing and lectures on research ... I will be sure to dot my i(s) and cross my t(s) if I ever mention a potential bball recruit :) ... Seriously, some of you are too uptight ...

Hey,Dragonhawk- you are an enthused Iowa bb fan, great. We need fans like you.
Now, that said, this is a message board and everyone has opinions just like you.
I personally hope that Gabe has those kinds of numbers,and will celebrate it if he does,and offer you congrats on your prescient evaluation. I am always hesitant to build too big of expectations on young players before they even don the Hawk uniform,because if they do fall short, some fans will call them a bust or something akin to that.
I believe in senioritis, the syndrome where seniors suddenly realize that it is their last shot at making an impact in their careers,and the light goes on and they produce at a higher level than expected. This is why I think Brommer will put up some numbers for Iowa this year,which would tend to take minutes from Gabe...ok?

We need to pray this happens as it is never a good thing if Iowa have to rely on a true freshman that is still learning the game to play significant minutes. Gabe has a ton of upside but he will need a year or 2 to learn the game, the system, and how to play in the Big Ten.

Brommer has made significant improvements each year. When he played as a freshman he did not look like he belonged on the court at all. We need him to step up this year and be a leader out on the court.