Iowa number 25 coaches poll

And we're back to reality.....if Iowa continues to win and make some sort of a run, and I'm talking Minnesota, Connie, maybe even Michigan and Nebbie the pollsters will keep the Hawks between 15 and 25 (that's a big if) I see 7-5 or possibly an 8-4 record....I don't see Iowa under a 15 ranking again this year.

Iowa wasn't a top 20 team on Saturday by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to be a contender you play like a contender. Saturday Iowa played like an "also ran".

And we're back to reality.....if Iowa continues to win and make some sort of a run, and I'm talking Minnesota, Connie, maybe even Michigan and Nebbie the pollsters will keep the Hawks between 15 and 25 (that's a big if) I see 7-5 or possibly an 8-4 record....I don't see Iowa under a 15 ranking again this year.

If we win out including Big 10 Championship, we will end up between 4th and 6th. SEC, ACC, and Pac 12 champion or Louisville will be in the top 3 for sure. Something bad would have to happen to one of those to have a chance at 4th. No way we finish less than 6th if we win out tho.

Iowa wasn't a top 20 team on Saturday by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to be a contender you play like a contender. Saturday Iowa played like an "also ran".

Top 20 teams don't play like top 20 teams all the time. This isn't a jab at you personally but it seems like a lot of people think the rankings revolve around only what Iowa does. They forget other teams can suck bad too.

They kept Iowa in the top 25 because of the respect Kirk deserves.

And because he's nice and tried his hardest at winning and thats all that really matters.
bart-simpson-at-least-you-tried-cake1-640x456.png

If we win out including Big 10 Championship, we will end up between 4th and 6th. SEC, ACC, and Pac 12 champion or Louisville will be in the top 3 for sure. Something bad would have to happen to one of those to have a chance at 4th. No way we finish less than 6th if we win out tho.

Yeah I would like to see them run the table and get back to the BTT game to make up for yesterdays loss. I hope they do but not sure it will happen. Even if we get to the BTT game I doubt we will be able to beat Michigan, Michigan State or Ohio State.

But lets say we do win the BTT game. We will need some serious multiple losses to top 10 teams for us to be considered for the College Football Playoff. Just mentioning the Hawkeyes in the College Football Playoff in the same sentence could have me committed right now.

As a Hawkeye fan I do believe we have the ability to rise and run the table. I really do believe we can beat Michigan. But that is the optimist in me. I am not so sure that is reality. Especially seeing our effort and our coaching yesterday.

Latest posts