Iowa-Nortwestern prediction thread

Because I'm going to freeze my butt off tailgating all morning, so the least I can do is make the long walk across the street and commiserate with my friends as JR throws another 2 yard checkdown on 3rd and 5.

I'd say that a little brandy will take care of both problems.

Actually the weather does not look that bad for Saturday. Cold but not windy ... sunny with 5 MPH wind. We can handle that.

Good....thanks for the correction....passing should be do-able, which may or may not help Iowa...or NW.

Tomorrow is going to be my daughter's first Hawkeye game. I really want something good to happen.

The 2 teams that make me lose it most when we lose to them are ISU and NW. Drives me nuts. Iowa wins by 7

I actually think Iowa wins with comfort tom. NW does have a good rb but if you look at their stats they are anemic on offense, have fairly suspect qb play with a non duel threat, and just an ok defense. The weather will be cold and windy and favor a physical battle with it being determined on the lines. If Iowa gets out of its own way (ala penalties, turnovers) I think they win somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-14, 24-10.

Tomorrow is going to be my daughter's first Hawkeye game. I really want something good to happen.

Alright, everyone on their best damn behavior....Let's make a good impression now....Have a great time DJL

I really have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me if win by 20 or lose by 20

Actually, either would surprise me. We rarely get blow someone out, or get blown out.

I expect close game. Still think Iowa wins because NW might be worse on offense.

I predict that, win or lose, I won't be around to read anything about it here. Working tonight/this morning, found the free time to read through more threads, was about to predict...and suddenly realized, reading your third sentence, that I AM tired of this board.

Whether it's the posters, "friends" on here who are no longer very friendly, Miller's bi-polar rants and "cracks in the foundation"-sky-is-falling doom-saying, or whatever...coming here is no longer "fun" for me. Frankly, Iowa football isn't "fun" right now, and the approaching basketball season (which I'm pretty sure will be no better than LAST season) doesn't excite me. The wrestling program is entering it's "post-Evashevski-type" slide that will probably last as long as football's version did...

When it gets to the point that I'm ashamed and embarrassed about Iowa, for a variety of reasons...I might just "quit" Iowa for a while.

Good, meet Riddance

The MD Embarrassment and Willies quitting better set the tone for this week.

If there is any leadership on the field then some senior o-linemen told the coaches to run behind us because we're going to smash somebody and some d-linemen told the back 7 to fill the gaps and tackle.

Iowa had best come with emotion.

I say they will.

If they do, they will win handedly. If not, then that will be another nail handed over to the coffin makers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Win or lose, it's still KINNICK... Hope she has a ball...bringing my boys' to 2nd and 3rd game; they've been good luck in the past...fingers crossed the streak continues.

Latest posts