Iowa-Nortwestern prediction thread

This is a circle the wagons game. I think they have seen the film of Maryland and are (or at least should be) embarrassed. Hawks come out strong and then hang on late. 31-20.

We look good to start. Maybe go up by 2 scores.

Same ******. NW hangs around, they make come back.

I think iowa still wins 20-13

21-7 Northwestern.
The wheels have never been on this season, and they start to fall apart this game.
Rudock will play the whole game, and check into a stretch run short side of the field, at a minimum, 5 times.

The only prediction I am confident in making is (as others have already said), is Rudock will play the entire game.

I predict that, win or lose, I won't be around to read anything about it here. Working tonight/this morning, found the free time to read through more threads, was about to predict...and suddenly realized, reading your third sentence, that I AM tired of this board.

Whether it's the posters, "friends" on here who are no longer very friendly, Miller's bi-polar rants and "cracks in the foundation"-sky-is-falling doom-saying, or whatever...coming here is no longer "fun" for me. Frankly, Iowa football isn't "fun" right now, and the approaching basketball season (which I'm pretty sure will be no better than LAST season) doesn't excite me. The wrestling program is entering it's "post-Evashevski-type" slide that will probably last as long as football's version did...

When it gets to the point that I'm ashamed and embarrassed about Iowa, for a variety of reasons...I might just "quit" Iowa for a while.

Reads like a scene from Brokeback Mountain to me. You are a rugged guy, have a hairy arse and a penis, but I just can't "quit" you.

It's a tough one to call because both Northwestern and Iowa have tendencies to not show up for entire halves of football. I've seen both teams extensively this year and would say that when NU plays a full game, they are probably just a hair better than Iowa when we play a full game. Siemien is not the same breed of QB that NU traditionally has had, but when healthy I think he is better than Jake. Nu's receivers aren't great, but they run crisp routes and will give our LBs big problems and I fully expect Fitz to absolutely embarrass Kurt in terms of coaching to exploit our horrific back 7. Jackson at tailback is drastically better than our tailbacks. NU's defense isn't world beaters, but they can play fairly well (other than when the offense sputters and they get hung out on the field all afternoon like in the second half of the Nebraska game).

When NU has played complete games, they have won at PSU and beaten Wisconsin. They have played a more difficult schedule than Iowa and have had some pretty promising and dismal stretches. The team who plays a whole game wins this one and if neither team plays a full game or if both teams play a full game, it will be within 10 points. But right now, I'd call it a coin toss game.

I predict that, win or lose, I won't be around to read anything about it here. Working tonight/this morning, found the free time to read through more threads, was about to predict...and suddenly realized, reading your third sentence, that I AM tired of this board.

Whether it's the posters, "friends" on here who are no longer very friendly, Miller's bi-polar rants and "cracks in the foundation"-sky-is-falling doom-saying, or whatever...coming here is no longer "fun" for me. Frankly, Iowa football isn't "fun" right now, and the approaching basketball season (which I'm pretty sure will be no better than LAST season) doesn't excite me. The wrestling program is entering it's "post-Evashevski-type" slide that will probably last as long as football's version did...

When it gets to the point that I'm ashamed and embarrassed about Iowa, for a variety of reasons...I might just "quit" Iowa for a while.

You may opt out of this board for awhile but I think it would be very difficult to quit Iowa. When you've been a fan as long as you've been it's difficult. It's like quitting family. You might step back but they're on your mind. Maybe stepping away for awhile will clear your mind and in time the board will be ok. The combination of our disappointing loss to Maryland and how we lost coupled with the bye week and Daniels and Willies had things at a fever pitch. Take your time. I look forward to your contributions in the future.

With cold windy weather( just like last year) but worse offenses this year, I see another tight contest on Saturday.

Iowa 14 NW 13 . Iowa wins but does not cover. I will embrace the win like my first new-born.

With cold windy weather( just like last year) but worse offenses this year, I see another tight contest on Saturday.

Iowa 14 NW 13 . Iowa wins but does not cover. I will embrace the win like my first new-born.

Actually the weather does not look that bad for Saturday. Cold but not windy ... sunny with 5 MPH wind. We can handle that.

Well let's see, NW has played 4 teams with states as their name and they are 1-3. They're averaging 19 ppg in those games.

We've scored more than 20 points against every team we've played that doesn't have "state" in their name. We're 4-1 and averaging 31 points per game in those games.

So, unless we're playing Northwestern State, and history will back me on this, we'll win.

I'll say 31-19.

As much as Fitz seems to own Kirk, I think we leave Kinnick with a win. The gullible part of me expects us to (for some reason) play our best game; an actual full, complete game.

Of course, I also expected Iowa to go 10-2 so what the he$$ do I know? :)

Hawks 34
Cats 24

Latest posts