Iowa nets $55k from Orange Bowl; but band cost nearly $500K?

he's saying the band got the crowd back into it...and you better believe the crowd had something to do with the comeback

I rarely find myself irritated by the things nameless, faceless people say on this internet, but some of the things in this thread have been absolutely ridiculous. Instead of subjecting you to a drawn-out diatribe about about my feelings on this issue (which, as stranger, shouldn't matter to you), I'll give you the primary thoughts I've had about this thread:

1.) The band is an important part of any college football atmosphere. Period.

2.) That money had to be spent, anyway.

3.) Multiple people have suggested that they would rather hear music over the loudspeakers during time-outs, breaks and halftime. This led me to question what percentage of them are graduates of Division I schools. While there'll always be deviations from a pattern, I think we might see a general trend if we had that information.

3.) Multiple people have suggested that they would rather hear music over the loudspeakers during time-outs, breaks and halftime. This led me to question what percentage of them are graduates of Division I schools. While there'll always be deviations from a pattern, I think we might see a general trend if we had that information.

Profiler. Didn't you mean to say what percentage likes monster trucks? At least, that's how subliminal guy would interpret your proposed survey. Come on now, us Hawkeye fans live in a big tent.

he's saying the band got the crowd back into it...and you better believe the crowd had something to do with the comeback

No, Ken O'Keefe's playcalling after lulling Indiana into a false sense of security is what got us back into it. Well that, and the wind in the 4th quarter. The band sucks, they sit in the south endzone and their suckitude caused Stanzi to throw a bunch of picks in the third quarter when we were heading toward the north end zone, but then in the 4th quarter, when we were going toward the band, we scored because the suck from the band helped the ball carry and caused Indiana's passes to be intercepted.

The band works their a$$es off during the year...if they get an $1800 bowl trip as a payoff, good for them! And if the university uses the game as a party trip for everyone, good for them as well! I think it's awesome that we can sit here and b!tch about how they spent their bowl money...it sure as hell beats having to b!tch about no bowl money...

This is a no brainer - spend the money on a huge Hawkeye party (band included) or split the money we save with the Illini, Badgers and Gophers etc.
Spend it! Have Fun! They earned it!

Exactly. Cause the crowd was seriously one dropped hotdog from being so unhappy that everyone would just get up and leave. The band brought the crowd back to life before the team came out for the second half. And I'm sure it had to surprise them a little that the crowd was THAT amped up for the 2nd half. Not to mention inspire them.

Latest posts