Iowa-Nebraska to Play Friday after Thanksgiving

I think this is awesome, and a great opportunity to get more national exposure. Games like this help build a programs national footprint. And now I have something to look forward to on black Friday other than sleeping and eating leftovers. ;)

Its like 8-9 months away, you have a little time to plan around it. "omg, its not an 11am Sat kickoff, what will we do?"

This is awesome!!!

Some people would complain if you hung them with an old rope.

This will be great exposure and a huge game!!

jordan creek has gotta be ******
They won't even feel the effects of this. I know it might be crazy to think about, but not everybody in the state is a Hawkeye fan, or football fan at all. Even if the Iowa/ISU game was this day, they still wouldn't feel the effects. (and this involves a lot more local people)

How hard is it going to be to get tickets for the game in lincoln in 2011?
It depends on how much you are willing to spend. Don't forget, DONU has sold out like 310 straight games. If DONU is doing well, you'll be able to pick up some tickets online or from a scalper, but you'll pay a pretty penny for them. And they might be bad seats.

I get the whole idea of national attention from doing this, I just hope it's good attention. Going to have to win the games. I dont think having this game did a whole ton for CU did it?

I get the whole idea of national attention from doing this, I just hope it's good attention. Going to have to win the games. I dont think having this game did a whole ton for CU did it?
Thats more on Colorado sucking than anything else.

Hey guys, Husker fan here, long time troller, first time poster.

Wanted to express that I can see where those Hawk fans wanting the game to remain on Saturday are coming from. Its tough to get that day off every year to watch the game but one thing I can say, having it the Friday after Thanksgiving really does allow it to become part of your Holiday Traditions.

I for one love the Friday after Thanksgiving games. Big 10, early Saturday games are a tradition but believe me, if the ferver for the NU/IA games is the same on the IA side as it is over here on the NE side, it won't take long for both sides to come to really enjoy this game on this day.

Good luck Hawk fans....and GBR!

You had me until "GBR". You had me until "GBR"...

:D Sorry bro. Gotta stay true to the red.

But really - going to be EPIC playing these games - regardless of it being on Saturday or Friday or any other day for that matter. I can honestly say, when the talk of NU joining the Big10 came up, this game right here was the first thing I thought of.

:D Sorry bro. Gotta stay true to the red.

But really - going to be EPIC playing these games - regardless of it being on Saturday or Friday or any other day for that matter. I can honestly say, when the talk of NU joining the Big10 came up, this game right here was the first thing I thought of.

I think (hope) it's going to be a great rivalry. I just pray that it's a 7pm kickoff on ABC, and they stick to that every season.

Definitely - a night game would be even better. Primetime baby!
Btw, welcome to the board. Manners people, manners. If youve been trolling, you know whats, what and who's who on here and more than likely will soon discover the ingnore user function. We are not all like OK4P.

Btw, welcome to the board. Manners people, manners. If youve been trolling, you know whats, what and who's who on here and more than likely will soon discover the ingnore user function. We are not all like OK4P.

Thanks! My trolling was limited to gauging the Hawkeye nations interest initially in the Huskers joining the B1G but saw some really great feedback from people on this subject so thought I would drop a line.

You have an ignore user function! Saweet!!:eek:

And an equal amount in the parking lots and downtown. These games are going to rival anything, anyone has to offer in fan travel and excitement. Best case scenario is that Iowa wins the first few games to get the national interest up.

The B-10 ain't stupid. Focus groups confirmed their suspicion that the interest was already there. At first people outside the conference will watch because of the novelty. But this series is gonna remind people of the Oklahoma/Nebraska games of years gone by. And that vicious intensity will continue to drive ratings after the novelty has worn off. This will be the best rivalry within the division and the second best rivalry in the B-10 conference.

The B-10 ain't stupid. Focus groups confirmed their suspicion that the interest was already there. At first people outside the conference will watch because of the novelty. But this series is gonna remind people of the Oklahoma/Nebraska games of years gone by. And that vicious intensity will continue to drive ratings after the novelty has worn off. This will be the best rivalry within the division and the second best rivalry in the B-10 conference.
Second to who????:D

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Those NU/OU games were for Big 8 Championships, with a shot at the MNC.

Until Iowa and DONU are competing for MNCs on an annual basis, this game won't rival those.

Latest posts