Iowa @ Nebby thread

Bluder was as bad as Fran in the fourth.
That was inexcusable.
She should have used all of her timeouts when we stopped running our offense and to stop their runs.

Tough loss probable gave the Big Ten and top seed away. Moving Clark off the ball killed us. Molly needs to get back, no one else can run the offense except Clark. Gabby was non-existent. Was she O-fer?

Iowa lost that game. Especially the coaching.

Exactly. Bluder lost this game for Iowa. Watch the replay as CC barley touched the bb the first 6 or 7 minutes of the 4th quarter once it crossed half court.

She stated she wanted CC to break the record at home. So with a 14 point lead after the 3rd, she didn't have Iowa run its normal offense.

Then when it got close Bluder tried to have CC and Iowa re-engage with about 3 minutes to go. When you lose momentum in sports, especially on the road, things don't end well.

I told my wife 3 minutes into the 4th Iowa would lose cause Bluder thought the Hawks could hold on without CC scoring. Guess that didn't work well did it Lisa?

Bluder without CC on the Iowa team is an average coach.

Marshall 0 for 5 on 3s; Clark 5 for 15; Martin 4 for 8, but she had 7 turnovers.
Team 9 of 15 free throws, for a chilly 60%. 16 turnovers to 18 assists. Out rebounded 45 to 38
Bugeaters outscored the Hawks 27 - 10 in the 4th quarter.

All the criticism toward Bluder is warranted imo, BUT Caitlin should seriously consider returning.
She needs to mature. She spends too much time complaining and chasing officials. I know she is the ultimate competitor and that’s her edge, but it is over the top at times and has a negative effect imo.
I hope someone can have a serious heart to heart with her because she could get eaten alive both mentally and physically at the next level.

But this game is on Bluder. And one key addition in portal could have helped. I know what she has said re this but Hannah is a 4, not a 5. Anything might have helped.
Gonna be difficult in post season.

Does anyone now how the high school senior in Oregon has been doing?

All the criticism toward Bluder is warranted imo, BUT Caitlin should seriously consider returning.
She needs to mature. She spends too much time complaining and chasing officials. I know she is the ultimate competitor and that’s her edge, but it is over the top at times and has a negative effect imo.
I hope someone can have a serious heart to heart with her because she could get eaten alive both mentally and physically at the next level.

But this game is on Bluder. And one key addition in portal could have helped. I know what she has said re this but Hannah is a 4, not a 5. Anything might have helped.
Gonna be difficult in post season.

Does anyone now how the high school senior in Oregon has been doing?
I sent Jan Jenson an email before Christmas about a 6'4" sophomore in St. louis for John Borroughs. They're one of the top 5 teams in all classes in Missouri and number 1 in their class.

ZERO REPSONSE. Not even a courtesy thank you email. This girl can run the floor and has great pedigree. Dad and Grandpa both played college BB. She has so much upside.

Also, a junior point guard for Incarnate Word Academy is being recruited by several teams including Indiana, Oklahoma and Missouri. When another person called Iowa to tell them about her, they told him in with a smirky voice, that's his word, they know about her. I know they have not contacted her since I am at every game and know the coaches well.

Point being, the Iowa staff is not really that good. Without CC, they're average at best.

Latest posts