Iowa Minny game thread

Iowa needs Minny to go cold again (don't leave shooters open) and not pass up open shots in favor of pull-up off balance jumpers in the 2nd half.

We need to take the ball up strong to the hoop. Were really just taking it up trying to avoid contact and were gettin stuffed.

does not help when Oglesby is supposed to be a 3 pt shooter and he keeps passing up wide open 3's and tries to dribble drive, he even had a wide open 2 and again tried to dribble closer.

Our problem is the refs are allowing physicality and MN went to zone. We don't have anyone that will take a first shot. We do stupid fakes and make harder shots. Sloppy ball handling by Bryce. Marble needs to run point 100%. Gatens can't ever start a game hot. He always has to miss a bunch of wide open ones before heating up. We should have buried these guys.

How do you hold a team to 3 points in 11 minutes only to trail by 3 at half?

Iowa is going to drop to 3-7 in the Big Ten. Remember when they could have been 4-4??? Neither do I. Oh well, we should be use to this by now anyway.

Boxing out was much better, but got a little laxed on the outside shooters, who were very cold at the beginning of the game. Need to keep going aggressive to the hoop and make strong finishes.

Iowa is going to drop to 3-7 in the Big Ten. Remember when they could have been 4-4??? Neither do I. Oh well, we should be use to this by now anyway.

Iowa could easily be 6-3 in the Big Ten right now. Two games where they blew big leads. Sign of a young team.

Don't be such a debbie downer all the time. You'll live longer.

Frustration starting to set in.... given up double digit leads in our last two home games. Sometimes it feels like we are so close to being there and not ten minutes later so far away.

Ryno the genius, what was your prediction before the season on our(as in Iowa) record in the B1G at this point?

Really some bone-headed play out there. Defensively and offensively. How many times did an Iowa player whiff on a pass and let it fly out of bounds? How many times did an IA guy not know if to switch or stay and leave a wide open 3? Just maddening. I hope Fran throws some things at halftime.

Basabe coming out of his funk, is a good sign, Iowa 14 pts inthe paint Minny 0
Iowa fast break points 8 Minny 0
Minny blocks 5 Iowa 0
those are the key stats escpecially the blocks

Iowa could easily be 6-3 in the Big Ten right now. Two games where they blew big leads. Sign of a young team.

Don't be such a debbie downer all the time. You'll live longer.

Actually, 3 games of blown 2-digit leads.

You're right about the youth. That and they really suffer from being mentally weak. Simply got rattled after a couple blocked shots and some zone by Minny. Youth takes longer to adjust and regroup. Unfortunately, by time they relax and refocus the hole is too big to climb back out of.

I see a team with fragile confidence and losing a bit of it with each outing since the long break.

If Minny hits a couple and stretches the lead to 7 or 8, Hawks will simply fold.

Latest posts