Iowa @ Maryland prediction thread

Who remains undefeated in conf. play?

• Iowa, 7 or less

• Iowa, more than 7

• Maryland, 7 or less

• Maryland, more than 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Iowa is favored by 4 and the over/under is 46, which suggests a score like 24-20. But I am taking the under cause that score seems high for both the Iowa defense and Iowa offense. So I am thinking something more like

Iowa 14, MD 13

The difference of course will be Iowa's defense and punting will create enough short fields for Iowa to punch in 2 TDs. Petras will do nothing big but won't throw any picks. Peteas will take some sacks that will blow a chance at a couple extra FGs. Iowa's defense will give up a lot of yards to MD's QB but only 1 TD.

Iowa wins but only by a FGoal, maybe 24-21 or 17-14. I think the hawks can run up the gut on the twerps. The hawks will also run wide but not with great success as I thought the twerps DEnds were fast and athletic against Illinois.

People mentioned Maryland has some guys out with injuries, not sure who but that could be big as I doubt they have a super, or even experienced, 2 deep roster.

Iowa 24, Maryland 13
Iowa Defense gets a score
Maryland gets 1 TD on a short field and 2 FG's
Goodsen gets 1 score and goes over 100 yds. , Keagen Johnson gets another score and emerges as a key weapon for Iowa offense.
Undisciplined Maryland called for multiple penalties, some that will turn out to be game changers
That is all

Iowa wins but only by a FGoal, maybe 24-21 or 17-14. I think the hawks can run up the gut on the twerps. The hawks will also run wide but not with great success as I thought the twerps DEnds were fast and athletic against Illinois.

People mentioned Maryland has some guys out with injuries, not sure who but that could be big as I doubt they have a super, or even experienced, 2 deep roster.
Starting cornerbscks.

Iowa wins 19 - 14 in a game where Iowa's offense doesn't do anything spectacular, but Iowa's defense and special teams, especially Shudak, slowly squeeze the life out of Maryland.

I'm thinking Iowa 24-13. Close game in the 4th but Iowa gets it to a double digit lead late in the 4th.

I can't see Iowa scoring more than 3 TDs on offense. But you never know. I'm not sure what to think. Not sure that MDs defense is all that good. So maybe Iowa finds the o this week.

KF said as he "looked at the tape" that many run plays could have gone for longer with just a micro second change in timing or micro angle on a blocker. So maybe there is hope.

KF also said they'll change up their plan a bit.

So for that reason I'm optimistic that the O will be reasonably competent.

However its the D... that read option, Tungavialoa likes to get outside and make the DBs decide to come up or cover pass. Other teams have fared OK so I'm sure Iowa can too.

Iowa 21 - MD 20

Iowa wins big: It's a fluke
Iowa wins narrowly: gritty. Despite Petras
Iowa loses narrowly: Petras's fault
Iowa loses big: "told ya" We suck

That'll be the narrative after on here and nation wide.

lol....good idea. Let me offer mine:

Iowa wins big: WE ARE GONNA BE IN THE CFP!!! But Petras still sucks
Iowa wins narrowly: This defense is good enough to get us into the CFP, but Petras sucks
Iowa loses narrowly: We can still win the West, the defense is awesome but Petras sucks
Iowa loses big: I TOLD YOU ISU AND INDIANA WERE OVER RATED.....EVERYTHING SUCKS! FIRE ALL THE COACHES!

IA- 30-17

we get two INT's in 2nd half that lead to a score, the last being a pick 6 when MD is getting desperate with the clock winding down.

But, I could be wrong. Usually am.

I think Iowa loses this one. On one hand I look at the offense and it just looks hopeless, but there are some promising aspects to it where, to use KF's phrase, if they just "tighten things up a bit" they could be a serviceable, albeit not great, offense. One thing I like about BF is that I think he is a bit of a tactician in the way O'Keefe was in terms of using September to get stuff on film to make us harder to gameplan for as the year progresses. I think he has set up a great tape and I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a massive production game this Friday with 4 or 5 TDs and 400+ yards. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 FG game with production of under 200 yards.

It's easy to forget when you see the futility that we saw in the first 4 games that the OC is using those to set up his chess board in October and November. A single wildcat pass or jet sweep motion that is a toss the other way to Goodson that goes for a big gain gives the defense more to think about pre-snap and those split second indecisions that you compound over time can be the difference between us having an offense that can smother the ball for 38 minutes and grind out a win against any team not named Bama and us being 8-4.

Petras did drop a couple of dimes, finally – QB coach putting a higher arc on Petras' long ball? K Johnson, C Jones, and G Williams emerging as quality assets. Schott is getting acclimated. Hmmm … could Friday be the day of the ‘O’? If we’re needing a bit of good luck, it may be if any wind is adversely effecting punter Taylor and FG kicker Shudak. Twerps may be a bit more effective at night on their own field, until Iowa adapts.
Iowa 24 - 17.

A big TELL from the sharps? Iowa is only a 4 point favorite as the number 5 team in the country playing away against unranked (but undefeated) Maryland.

I think this is a bad spot for Iowa.

-Maryland plays better at home.
-Unbeaten Maryland in a Friday night feature game
-Athletic Maryland offense
-A Clark Griswald green station wagon like Iowa offense

Hope I'm dead wrong.

Maryland 27 (they break the 24 point and under streak)
Iowa 20

Latest posts