Iowa/ISU basketball rivalry in jeopardy

I will miss the Iowa/isu series in Bball. Drake and UNI, not so much...this is one game that I wish would remain.

Other Iowa schools are just pissy that they can no longer be a parasite to our awesomeness. They are threatened because they can't use us anymore to build their own tradition. They have to build their own. Problem is, when people see that they won well they will get shrugged off because they didn't beat Iowa and their programs will begin to degrade. Sucks to be them but we got bigger fish to fry.

Other Iowa schools are just pissy that they can no longer be a parasite to our awesomeness. They are threatened because they can't use us anymore to build their own tradition. They have to build their own. Problem is, when people see that they won well they will get shrugged off because they didn't beat Iowa and their programs will begin to degrade. Sucks to be them but we got bigger fish to fry.

Like Campbell. Bigger? Clemson?

Bigger fish??? Campbell Camels???? we need to replace Campbell with Ballard Huxley.

Fran's use to playing JV bball at Sienna and that UNC small school, whatever its called. He's not use to playing with the big boys and it shows and so now he doesn't know how to act. He's MAD

Did you just refer to yourself as a big boy. bwahahaha

Fran's use to playing JV bball at Sienna and that UNC small school, whatever its called. He's not use to playing with the big boys and it shows and so now he doesn't know how to act. He's MAD

Wait, did I miss something? When did ISU become so relevant in college basketball??? Oh wait that's right, you're talking about being one of the "big boys" because of your future national championship. Okay, go ahead...:rolleyes:

Wait, did I miss something? When did ISU become so relevant in college basketball??? Oh wait that's right, you're talking about being one of the "big boys" because of your future national championship. Okay, go ahead...:rolleyes:

I'm not talking about Iowa State you schmuck. Go back to being a drama queen on twitter. It's fun to watch

Honestly, UNI, Drake and Iowa State should be begging us to continue playing them. Trolling our site isn't going to keep you in our good graces guys.

Seriously, wouldn't beating ISU help prepare us for B10 better than betting Campbell? (If we could beat Campbell).

Sure he's not.

These coaches that complain about playing Iowa, UNI, Drake, ISU, whoever are weenies. If Fred says the same, he's a weenie too.

ISU played Iowa, Drake, and UNI 2 years ago and still managed to play Duke. It's not exclusive. Iowa has played Kansas in years past too.

I hate to agree with the Clown fan, but he's right. I would LOVE for Fran to load the schedule with powerhouses in the future, and I would love it even more if we get good enough to compete with them. But even with 18 conference games, you still have 12-14 non-cons. Three instate games, an ACC-B1G challenge game, and you still have 8-10 games to alot between the marquee schools you want to schedule and the cupcake home wins. It's not like we'll play the entire top ten or anything. Plenty of room on the schedule.

That said, Fran's anything but scared. I just think they want to play the big boys AND make sure they have a lot of home games.

I think Iowa should still play ISU each year alternating between Hilton and Carver. Why not keep a Big 12 team on the schedule and it's the top rivalry game.

I guess I am not heart broken to not play Drake and UNI yearly but Iowa should still play them every couple years in a alternating venue game.

I would really like to see Iowa become decent enough really soon to start eliminating some of these junk preseason games. I am all for dropping Drake and UNI if Iowa is going to pick up teams like Missouri, Kansas, Texas....

Nope. The big 10 would be considered big boys though right?

Well the conference games had nothing to do with your post. Regardless, he didn't seem to be scared of playing with the big boys when he was with Siena, so I doubt he's too scared at a place like Iowa. Just admit that you're an idiot.

“In any given year, you might want to take on Kansas or Duke or North Carolina,†McCaffery said. “You might have an opportunity to have a TV game like that, and if you don’t have that flexibility in your schedule, you can’t play those games.

“When I’ve got a good team, I want to take everybody on. I want to be on television. It’s our responsibility to do that, and I think you have to look at the big picture moving forward.â€

Afraid? Fran has his eyes set on bigger fish if you ask me..

Yes, I believe you're correct. Fran is looking for more marquis wins over acronyms (IPFW, currently ranked #231 by Sagarin). It's the highest ranked team we've beat with the others ranked #'s 293, 323, 335 and 340.

I am interested in what the 2012-2013 schedule looks like.

I would guess Iowa could fill the UNI, DRAKE and ISU void by playing one of those destination tournaments you see. There is the one out in Anaheim CA over Thanksgiving and the one in Orlando.

Who knows.

Latest posts