Iowa @ ISU an Even Matchup?

I'd love to call BS on this article...and would have in Hayden's day. Kirk's record against the clones makes it a different discussion.

Last edited:
Running game ... huge advantage Iowa. Actually I hope they keep spouting off because it can only light a fire under some of our out-of-state players. It's probably a 6 or 7 point Iowa advantage this year on a neutral field, so -3 at Lames makes sense.

Let's concentrate on Wyoming first then open a can of whoop ass on little bro dressed as creepy clowns.

images
comparing the clown unis to ronald always gets likes

He is the next in line of "great" ISU Qbs. Since Seneca, we have heard about how Austin Flynn was going to be better than Drew Tate. Bret Meyer was the next big thing. Then it was Austen Arnaud is better than Stanzi. Then he lost his job to the next great QB, Tiller. then Steele Jantz was a heisman hopeful. He lost his job to Barnett. Who then lost his job to Sam Richardson. He never did anything, but then Lanning was just "too good" to keep off the field. Now we have Park, who is "almost as good as Mayfield and Rudolph."

I think they have a tendency to over-react. In 2 years, we will be laughing at the Stanley vs. Park debate.

This X a gazillion. Over/under when ISU fans start throwing Park under the bus? Give me week 5 when they start to blow their load for the "next" guy.

He had good games against Kansas and Tech's GED of a defense. He better book tickets to NY in December.

There's some kind of mojo involved in the shaking of the tractor keys at kickoff that always makes me nervous, but I think our depth on both lines will make the second half all Iowa.

I expect this game to be much closer than last years game. I was impressed with the improvement ISU made throughout the season. They played some quality teams the second portion of their schedule and played them down to the wire. If they continued that through the off season in preparation then it could be a tough game especially at their house.

I hope it's another blow out but with a new QB for us it's a little unpredictable how Well Stanley will play.

He is the next in line of "great" ISU Qbs. Since Seneca, we have heard about how Austin Flynn was going to be better than Drew Tate. Bret Meyer was the next big thing. Then it was Austen Arnaud is better than Stanzi. Then he lost his job to the next great QB, Tiller. then Steele Jantz was a heisman hopeful. He lost his job to Barnett. Who then lost his job to Sam Richardson. He never did anything, but then Lanning was just "too good" to keep off the field. Now we have Park, who is "almost as good as Mayfield and Rudolph."

I think they have a tendency to over-react. In 2 years, we will be laughing at the Stanley vs. Park debate.

In their defense, Arnaud had an OUTSTANDING pass completion percentage. Problem was most of them were to Iowa players.

I'd love to call BS on this article...and would have in Hayden's day. Kirk's record against the clones makes it a different discussion.

Agree. I wonder if any other coach has lost as many times against ISU than Kirk? I assume no, since if your team is bad enough to lose to ISU, your school probably doesn't keep that coach around very long.

Agree. I wonder if any other coach has lost as many times against ISU than Kirk? I assume no, since if your team is bad enough to lose to ISU, your school probably doesn't keep that coach around very long.

Kirk's first two losses to them were when he was trying to re-stack the cupboard after finding it bare after Hayden. Then we choked a couple away the next two years in painful losses. And he was 0-4 right off the bat. Since then, he's been mostly dialed in on winning it.

Kirk's first two losses to them were when he was trying to re-stack the cupboard after finding it bare after Hayden. Then we choked a couple away the next two years in painful losses. And he was 0-4 right off the bat. Since then, he's been mostly dialed in on winning it.

He gets a pass for the first two years. 9-7 since then still isn't too impressive.