Iowa is Wisconsin's B*tch

If Hornibrook can go for 200+ and 3 TDs at Kinnick, TM will throw for 500 easily in Happy Valley. That's one of the worst QBs and passing teams Iowa will see all season. And he did whatever he wanted to them.

This is the concerning part. That said, against wisky, you do have to pay more attention to the run game more than most. Still, horni had too many guys...far too open...in the 4rh.

Ferentz made the right call I thought shutting down and heading to half last night. I know everybody wants points, and try and get into field goal range, or chuck it deep and give it a try and all that. If you watch the game, they did open it up, they tried to do that. Ferentz only shut it down after Stanley almost throws a pick six. Stanley had our fastest receiver cutting up the right seam, didn't see a linebacker at all, and almost threw an interception that probably would have been returned. Only after Stanley showed he was pressing did the coaches pull back the reigns, say okay lets get to half. I thought it was the right move in game if you watch it. Stanley was rattled at the time. They knew they were getting the 2nd half kickoff. Sometimes to put your guys in a good situation, you get conservative, sometimes you crank it up. Seemed like a good time to shut it down. We were watching the game and I even said "Kirk lets just get to half." You can disagree, re-watch it, I thought it was the right call at the time football wise.

If Hornibrook can go for 200+ and 3 TDs at Kinnick, TM will throw for 500 easily in Happy Valley. That's one of the worst QBs and passing teams Iowa will see all season. And he did whatever he wanted to them.
For such a terrible QB, Stats this year and career would indicate Hornibrook is at least as good as Stanley. And oh by the way, he wins (22+ and 4 as a starter).

They own us and talk junk about it too. And Iowa has to take it because they’re losers who can’t win. You would think they would get tired of it but the taste seems to suit them just fine.
Unbelievable. We get them in Kinninck on a Saturday night, you couldn't hear yourself think sitting in the North end zone, we move the ball on them (for three quarters) they lose their starting center, they couldn't find Hockensen if they had a GPS, we have them backed up to the 12 yard line with under five to go, and we still find a way to lose.

It's like we wait for that oh-oh moment when we play them. When Stanley missed TJ on that out pattern on first diwn, that might have been the oh-oh moment. At that instant, you could hear the air going out of our balloon and going into theirs.

I told the story during the week of coming down with a contingent of Badger fans. Most of them predicted a badger loss before the game and most of them didn't think Hornibrook had it in him when I talked to them after the game. We laid down in the road for them like a bunch of obedient dogs.

Seldom will they be more beatable than they were last night. We even ran the ball decent on them. But they kill us in pivotal plays at pivotal moments. Almost every one of those went in Wisconsin's favor. We needed just one turnover in that fourth quarter to flip field position, just one more stop. We found a way to lose. That is the very definition of being someone's bitch.

For such a terrible QB, Stats this year and career would indicate Hornibrook is at least as good as Stanley. And oh by the way, he wins (22+ and 4 as a starter).

He's better than Stanley. That was made very clear last evening for anyone who questioned it. Now he has the advantage of college level coaching. Stanley doesn't have that luxury.

By the way. Where were you last week? You lurk around here all the time and then go ghost when Wisconsin gets beat. And the second they beat Iowa you're back. You belong on Iowa's coaching staff with that weak shit.

He's better than Stanley. That was made very clear last evening for anyone who questioned it. Now he has the advantage of college level coaching. Stanley doesn't have that luxury.

By the way. Where were you last week? You lurk around here all the time and then go ghost when Wisconsin gets beat. And the second they beat Iowa you're back. You belong on Iowa's coaching staff with that weak shit.
I already posted why. IMO, it's not a good idea to be on another's board the week before a game with them. No matter what the post is going to be taken wrong. Besides, Wisconsin stunk up the place against BYU. Pretty hard to be doing a lot of trash talking, if that's what the board believes, against fans of a big rival when you don't have much to say.

Just watched the highlights. Ben Niemann, who otherwise was having a solid game, was isolated in coverage against Taylor on the pivotal TD. Furthermore, Ingold looked to be his man on the reverse for the dagger.

Wisconsin had the matchup they wanted, a LB on a WR in space. And they exploited it. Well coached and executed. Good night Hawkeyes and best of luck to Wisconsin on the remainder of their season.

I already posted why. IMO, it's not a good idea to be on another's board the week before a game with them. No matter what the post is going to be taken wrong. Besides, Wisconsin stunk up the place against BYU. Pretty hard to be doing a lot of trash talking, if that's what the board believes, against fans of a big rival when you don't have much to say.
No, I believe the exact opposite. You show up either way. I just did. See my above post. Just my personal opinion, but I don't believe in ghosting after a loss. If I was on Wiconsin's boards I would be the first to face the music, take what I dish out.

BTW, our offense moved the ball on you better than you predicted. Hornibrook was just unreal on that last 88 yard drive. I saw it all in front of me.

No, I believe the exact opposite. You show up either way. I just did. See my above post. Just my personal opinion, but I don't believe in ghosting after a loss. If I was on Wiconsin's boards I would be the first to face the music, take what I dish out.

BTW, our offense moved the ball on you better than you predicted. Hornibrook was unreal on that last 88 yard drive. I saw it all in front of me.
I'm not ghosting. I LIKE IOWA FOOTBALL. I also thought it was a great game where BOTH teams worked their tails off. AND one Iowa could have easily won. My point is there would NOT have been anything I could have posted prior to the game that wouldn't raise the hackles of some people here (you probably know them). Thus stay out of it.

BTW, I have no love for Iowa basketball although the team with Freddy Brown and Johnson was one of my all-time favorites.

Iowa isn't Wisconsin's rival. You have to win once in awhile to be a rival.

I'm not ghosting. I LIKE IOWA FOOTBALL. I also thought it was a great game where BOTH teams worked their tails off. AND one Iowa could have easily won. My point is there would NOT have been anything I could have posted prior to the game that wouldn't raise the hackles of some people here (you probably know them). Thus stay out of it.

BTW, I have no love for Iowa basketball although the team with Freddy Brown and Johnson was one of my all-time favorites.
You raise the hackles either way. That's the way it is when you go on another team's site. There was a three or four page thread devoted to it, which I'm sure you've read. And there were some digs in what you have said. It was already too late for you to stay out of it.

Once again, if Iowa had the upper hand in this rivalry and I went over to Badgers sites, I would probably comment the same way, but once again I would face the music when warranted.

You're a Wisconsin fan who likes Wisconsin football. That's great. Hope you have continued success the rest of the season

You raise the hackles either way. That's the way it is when you go on another team's site. There was a three or four page thread devoted to it, which I'm sure you've read. And there were some digs in what you have said. It was already too late for you to stay out of it.

Once again, if Iowa had the upper hand in this rivalry and I went over to Badgers sites, I would probably comment the same way, but once again I would face the music when warranted.

You're a Wisconsin fan who likes Wisconsin football. That's great. Hope you have continued success the rest of the season
What did I post that was wrong? If I remember right, I posted that it would be tough game. That Wisconsin's D was a work in progress but the inexperienced DL and DB were good enough to beat Iowa. Hornibrook will have a good season with fewer INTs and he has. The O with the exception of BYU would put up the numbers (scored 28 against a very good Iowa D that was averaging less than 10). Iowa's O was questionable and has been questionable at best (I was extremely impressed with your TEs). I never put down Iowa, and I only posted MY objective view of Wisconsin's chances in the game. They were pretty much right on.

Last edited:
Iowa isn't Wisconsin's rival. You have to win once in awhile to be a rival.
I and many Badger fans view Iowa as our BIGGEST rival. Most every game is close and hard fought. AND you DO win more than just occasionally. Over the last 15 games, it's Wis 8, Iowa 7 although we've had your number recently.

I and many Badger fans view Iowa as our BIGGEST rival. Most every game is close and hard fought. AND you DO win more than just occasionally. Over the last 15 games, it's Wis 8, Iowa 7 although we've had your number recently.

Recently as in 10 years. And a lot of the those games have been mismatches physically.

Also you should change your name to "Weakassbadger" for ghosting last week.

I've been coming back to this all morning. Iowa still hasn't figured out that in 2018 having a three-year returning quarterback that isn't a top-3 QB nationwide is a BAD thing, not a good thing. If you're a good QB coming out of HS, either you're starting or you're departing. If the two kids on the bench are any good, they aren't going to sit and "wait their turn" while watching Stanley get happy feet every 4th quarter that matters. They're going to go somewhere else to play, and they'll succeed there. I think Stanley has to get better and fast. He's got all the physical gifts but is lacking between the ears and in crunch time. Otherwise, Iowa is going to have a senior QB that loses in Camp Randall in 2019 against some true freshman QB that's actually good and the excuses will continue.

I get being upset at the loss. Challenging the effort of this team tonight is ridiculous. We got beat by a good football team. They played clean, we didn't, our qb played well, their qb played lights out. Sometimes we lose because the other team makes plays, tonight Wiscy made a couple more. Obviously the special teams plays were huge. We didn't get out-coached, our guys didn't lack effort, the game came down to a couple plays and Wiscy made a couple more. We blitzed multiple times in this game, including some huge 3rd downs. If the punt plays don't happen were up by more points and our dline can go after it, instead its a close game and they have to guard against the run in all occasions for the whole game instead of pinning their ears back. I don't get challenging this teams effort in anyway, that's beyond ridiculous.

That's the weakest WI team in the last decade. If we can't beat that team at home, with the injuries they had and Hornibrook at QB w/o executing perfectly then that speaks volumes of our strategy, coaching and overall approach to the game. That game was set up for Iowa to maybe take the next step and push the program higher and KF shit the bed....again.

That's the weakest WI team in the last decade. If we can't beat that team at home, with the injuries they had and Hornibrook at QB w/o executing perfectly then that speaks volumes of our strategy, coaching and overall approach to the game. That game was set up for Iowa to maybe take the next step and push the program higher and KF shit the bed....again.

This is a pretty good overall summary. My God, Horni was throwing passes that looked like punts. 9 times out of 10, those are picks. Probably should have had 3 INTs and Iowa somehow manages to lose that game.

Iowa should change their name to "The Almosts"

Latest posts