Iowa is Wisconsin's B*tch

Pathetic effort and a classic ferentz loss to the tee. No blitzing , mistakes, your best player a future NFL player and first team all american on the bench in the biggest series of the season. See you all in san diego or hopefully not san francisco as the rest of the season is irrelevant like most. A winning season likely with the crappy schedule/..... how exciting

Pathetic effort and a classic ferentz loss to the tee. No blitzing , mistakes, your best player a future NFL player and first team all american on the bench in the biggest series of the season. See you all in san diego or hopefully not san francisco as the rest of the season is irrelevant like most. A winning season likely with the crappy schedule/..... how exciting
I do agree that AJ needs to be on the field for every play a lot more now. If we're not playing in anything significant, he needs to get running-down plays under his belt.

Not 40, but correct, O was not the problem today. We just got beat by a team that has more experience winning. Sucks, but doesn't mean the season is over.
Iowa had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter with the lead by 3 and didn't do squat.... When prior to that they'd played well. I think the O deserves some criticism too. It's not as obvious as giving up the TD the D had or the dumb turnover Beyer caused. But 3 shots at burning more clock or scoring to change how the ending went is plenty enough...

After that debacle I see 3 more wins on the schedule Maryland, Illinois and next to Rutgers the 2nd worst team in the Big Ten Nebraska. I agree with someone else who said they can't wait to go to another cold ass Pinstripe Bowl against a who cares team in the middle of winter. What's funny is now Bucky will only lose 2 maybe conference games they will breeze through most of their remaining games w/ the exception of Michigan and State Penn.

I do agree that AJ needs to be on the field for every play a lot more now. If we're not playing in anything significant, he needs to get running-down plays under his belt.
Several times AJ and Fant were standing on the sidelines when they should have been in the game. Kirk doesn't want anyone getting a big head though. Good job Kirk another L to Bucky at home but you do it your way.

I get being upset at the loss. Challenging the effort of this team tonight is ridiculous. We got beat by a good football team. They played clean, we didn't, our qb played well, their qb played lights out. Sometimes we lose because the other team makes plays, tonight Wiscy made a couple more. Obviously the special teams plays were huge. We didn't get out-coached, our guys didn't lack effort, the game came down to a couple plays and Wiscy made a couple more. We blitzed multiple times in this game, including some huge 3rd downs. If the punt plays don't happen were up by more points and our dline can go after it, instead its a close game and they have to guard against the run in all occasions for the whole game instead of pinning their ears back. I don't get challenging this teams effort in anyway, that's beyond ridiculous.

At least I know not to care pretty early in the season.

Lol, your funny. Do you prefer to wait until the end of the season when we have lost five games?

Well at least I am still on track to see a 10-2 season. I had this game and Penn State scratches in as losses anyway. Hey 10-2 isn’t bad. That’s a New Years Game to watch.

Best for everyone’s if you just swallow your pride and admit Iowa is a second tier football program. Good enough to win but not good enough to ever win big. That’s not going to change because as Hayden Fry pointed out when he got here that Iowa fans have a loser’s mind set. He changed that and gave us hope. There is no hope with Kirk at this point. He upset a good team here and there. He’ll have a good season with the schedule is favorable (line this year). A good season for the Iowa fan base is nine wins or more. Most don’t expect more that that and they tolerate beating their out of conferences cupcakes and winning against half of heir conference foes.

People want to compare Kirk to Hayden but one big difference is the forty million dollars more Kirk raked in. Personally I see a moral dilemma here. Pay per performance.

and kirk cinches up his nut sack one more time at the end of the first half at around our 35 yard line on a 3rd and 3 with more than 30 seconds left and a time out but did not...did NOT even try to get into fg position. what a effing puss. this is how kirk mismanaged games and is the opposite of what hayden fry did.

This right here is the full premise of my post that I got called a troll for. I was born and raised in iowa city. I bleed black and gold. But Kirk lost me back in '09 at OSU for this EXACT reason. I was heart broken that day and it's never been repaired. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 20 times....well you get the drift.

Saw it first hand, just got home. They were there for the taking. We actually moved the ball them...for three quarters. Hornibrook and Stanley went opposite directions in the fourth.

Wisconsin shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. We shot ourselves in the heart with stupider special teams play. You cannot turn the ball over three times and a fourth time on downs and expect to win. A powerhouse badger team would of rolled us. This one did just enough when it counted most.

brian dumbass ferentz shows the entire world a formation, on WUs' 5 yard line, where fant motions to the wide side of the field from a bunch formation and winds up one on one with a 5'11" cb who plays 5 yards off him. AND DOESN'T THROW THE BALL TO FANT! Now the whole world knows the formation and can game plan and we didn't even attempt a pass. that was 2 certain tds. take away the gift td and this game should have been 28-7 iowa in the 4th qtr.

and kirk cinches up his nut sack one more time at the end of the first half at around our 35 yard line on a 3rd and 3 with more than 30 seconds left and a time out but did not...did NOT even try to get into fg position. what a effing puss. this is how kirk mismanaged games and is the opposite of what hayden fry did.

And the worst part about the end of the first half is if the fair catch is not at the 5 and ball goes into the end zone then the hawks start at the 20. If the plays go about the same way the hawks would have the ball more like the wisky 45 with 40 seconds left and then KF better be playing to get some points.

I do agree that we should have chucked the ball deep a couple of times there at the end of the first half.

Iowa had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter with the lead by 3 and didn't do squat.... When prior to that they'd played well. I think the O deserves some criticism too. It's not as obvious as giving up the TD the D had or the dumb turnover Beyer caused. But 3 shots at burning more clock or scoring to change how the ending went is plenty enough...

This is a good observation that I also made. The Iowa offense had about 380 yards through 3 qtrs but only about 50 in the 4th qtr and only about 3 first downs. It is classic KF to either get too conservative or have his offense play in such tight spaces that the opponent who is behind can really start pressuring the offense in the 4th qtr leading to offensive failures.

It happened again tonight but I can only hope the offense will grow from it, be ahead and score more in future games so that it wont matter.

They own us and talk junk about it too. And Iowa has to take it because they’re losers who can’t win. You would think they would get tired of it but the taste seems to suit them just fine.

This is a good observation that I also made. The Iowa offense had about 380 yards through 3 qtrs but only about 50 in the 4th qtr and only about 3 first downs. It is classic KF to either get too conservative or have his offense play in such tight spaces that the opponent who is behind can really start pressuring the offense in the 4th qtr leading to offensive failures.

It happened again tonight but I can only hope the offense will grow from it, be ahead and score more in future games so that it wont matter.
I don't feel this was KF pulling back on the reigns of BF so much. I felt it was a personal/playcalling issue. I thought in the 4th q they should have used more Toren Young. For the type of game that that was Sargent and the types of runs they were trying with him weren't going to be that successful. But Young pounding away at them when they were beat up tired etc would have been just the ticket. He had less then 10 touches for the game and he was going for like 5.5 yrds a pop. I just think they are not only not using him correctly but way under utilizing him. Iowa could have burned more clock, played keep away and put up more pts with Young in there but we'll never know..

As an Iowa fan when ahead in the 4th quarter you find yourself looking at the clock because you know that is the plan. Hang on. Hope the clock keeps rolling because it is almost like taking a knee. Hang on,hope the other team makes a mistake. KF philosophy. 5 minutes left, seen this movie before. Played well enough to win, but slipped away....again.

Saw it first hand, just got home. They were there for the taking. We actually moved the ball them...for three quarters. Hornibrook and Stanley went opposite directions in the fourth.

Wisconsin shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. We shot ourselves in the heart with stupider special teams play. You cannot turn the ball over three times and a fourth time on downs and expect to win. A powerhouse badger team would of rolled us. This one did just enough when it counted most.

This sums it up perfectly.

Iowa had every edge, from talent to home field to QB to injuries. And they still found a way to lose. Iowa is the second-best program in a bad division that is now playing for nothing but a "New Years Day Bowl", which outside of eastern Iowa is a meaningless term.

And, I'm sorry Brian, but if we can't beat Wisconsin, you can't be the next head coach. The entire system has to be changed.
I’ve always wondered why people thought this would be a real thing. To be a head coach at a power 5 school, you need to-at the very least- excel as a position coach. And he does not.

Latest posts