Iowa is set for a championship run based on history

Our Robert Smith (Damond Powell) graduated, but could you imagine if Scott Helverson and Bill Happel were the starting WR's going into this fall? HN would have to shut down. Makes a difference, though, when you have someone that can run routes, catch the ball and a QB that than throw it to a spot.

I did think about similarities to the 85 team and this one too. Same year ending number, same qb number. People say Wadley runs in the style of Harmon too. However wouldn't Iowa beat UCLA in the rose bowl as he will learn from history and take care of the football this time?

Ronnie Harmon was an ankle-breaker...guy had some moves.

stock-market-crash-1929-DJTA.GIF

Well, not according to this graph....I understand it's the crash of 1929, but, hey, that's football...see how it went up when Fry was here, and now look at it...:p

Hawknick and OK4P conversing with "each other" in the same thread.

The sheer degree of difficulty is enough to issue the "Don't try that at home." warning.

It's just combining the records and dividing. I did it on a spreadsheet.

That and Saturn aligns with Mars, the baseball All-Star game was won by the American league last year, there's now a Democrat in the White House, and if you add the numbers 2015 up 2+0+1+5, it's an even number this time and there you go-CHAMPIONSHIP.

That and Saturn aligns with Mars, the baseball All-Star game was won by the American league last year, there's now a Democrat in the White House, and if you add the numbers 2015 up 2+0+1+5, it's an even number this time and there you go-CHAMPIONSHIP.

Forgot to factor in Strength of Schedules, Lunar Eclipses and the average Height and Weight of the Iowa Defensive and Offensive Lines.

This thread now has potential~ Let's go~

Forgot to factor in Strength of Schedules, Lunar Eclipses and the average Height and Weight of the Iowa Defensive and Offensive Lines.

This thread now has potential~ Let's go~

Uh, factor in global warming HP40? Duh, man...;)

Last edited:
Sports reference is a good start for records based research. There are a few others. The format is convenient to get the data from for years since 1898.

There are only one of two things possible with Hawknick.

1. Despite being outed for his agent kool-aid provocateur act insists on remaining in character since he can still illicit replies and attention.

2. He is off the reservation nuts.

There are only one of two things possible with Hawknick.

1. Despite being outed for his agent kool-aid provocateur act insists on remaining in character since he can still illicit replies and attention.

2. He is off the reservation nuts.

It's almost Andy Kaufman like on how well he stays in character. It was during the KF January press conference where it became so obvious he was trolling all of us.

We had speculation that maybe it was Jon, which would be one of the greatest trolls of all time. Apparently some on this board believe it's OK4P alter.

I don't mind HawkNick that much. Sometimes it's a poor effort, but every once and a while he strikes gold. The constant complaining about the refs during the season (specifically after/during the ISU game was great), the "I like so and so, they have great motor. they'll be the next blah blah" gets a laugh.

For the poster that commented about the weather. I could pull up weather trends. I know Iowa has a way of overcoming bad weather so we'll see. I was at the coldest ever Iowa game 2 years ago so I saw it first hand. The weather at the night games should be interested. I know someone else mentioned planetary alignments. The affect there may not be great. Night games may be more affected by the moon as it can affect crowd activity levels. For the Pittsburgh the moon will be a waxing crescent. However for the Nebraska game we get a Waning Gibbous moon, that is almost a full moon. The fan activity should be higher because of that.

To the people wondering who I am, I am no ones alt I am me a simple lifelong Hawkeye fan. I also have interests outside of sports that may spill into sports from time to time. I try to keep it mild as not to offend anyone. Note my interest is in the science as Astronomy, not Astrology. They are not the same thing.

Based on the history of Iowa Football the program is in good shape. In the 2 years prior to Iowa's previous championship teams (1896, 1899, 1900, [1921 1922], 1956, 1958, 1981, 1985, 1990, 2002, 2004) the teams combined winning percentage is 58%. That is exactly what Iowa's last 2 seasons have been, 58%. This is a good spot to be in based on history, such a perfect match is good for this team. I look forward to seeing this team do what those other teams did!
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you did, your analysis is completely wrong. For example, the two previous years to Iowa's 2004 championship, the combined winning percentage of Iowa was 80%. Even with rounding off, it's hard to equate 58% to 80%.

Latest posts