Iowa is set for a championship run based on history

It's an average of all the years that were 1 or 2 years prior to a conference championship team. So 2002 was a high point, but it is balanced out by years like 2000, 1989, 1980 etc etc to get an average of 58%. That puts this years team right at the average based on 2013 and 2014.

It's an average of all the years that were 1 or 2 years prior to a conference championship team. So 2002 was a high point, but it is balanced out by years like 2000, 1989, 1980 etc etc to get an average of 58%. That puts this years team right at the average based on 2013 and 2014.
Well, your optimism is commendable, but that's breaking a lot of rocks to find a small nugget of gold. I hope it isn't pyrite.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you did, your analysis is completely wrong. For example, the two previous years to Iowa's 2004 championship, the combined winning percentage of Iowa was 80%. Even with rounding off, it's hard to equate 58% to 80%.

Yes I noticed that as well. Personally I wasn't going to go down that path, Knowing how absurd the analysis is to begin with.

Example the 2 years previous to the 85 season Iowa didn't have a 58% winning percentage. The 83-84 record Iowa was 17-7-1 and you could go back even 3 years and include 82 and have record of 25-11-1.

All the records of the teams combined and averaged in the years specified above. Some years were higher some were lower but 58% is the average. I also note that 3 of the best teams in history specifically followed 7 win teams. Those are 1922, 1958 and 2002. In many ways history favors this team.

For the poster that commented about the weather. I could pull up weather trends. I know Iowa has a way of overcoming bad weather so we'll see. I was at the coldest ever Iowa game 2 years ago so I saw it first hand. The weather at the night games should be interested. I know someone else mentioned planetary alignments. The affect there may not be great. Night games may be more affected by the moon as it can affect crowd activity levels. For the Pittsburgh the moon will be a waxing crescent. However for the Nebraska game we get a Waning Gibbous moon, that is almost a full moon. The fan activity should be higher because of that.

By that point in the season, a lot of fans will probably be at home waxing their gibbous.

Astounding and awesome that this thread has hit 4 pages & 46 (errr, 47) posts.

I don't know who takes Hawknation on more of a ride ... OK4P / Hawknick & (possibly HawkIState) or derKirkFer.

I do know who I admire more at their craft, tho.:D

So, hypothetically, if my wife gave me a ******* on our wedding night, then skipped a few years on our anniversary, then on the 4 year anniversary did again..are you saying these patterns repeat themselves? I need to know cause my 7th year anniversary is coming up. Pretty excited.

So, hypothetically, if my wife gave me a ******* on our wedding night, then skipped a few years on our anniversary, then on the 4 year anniversary did again..are you saying these patterns repeat themselves? I need to know cause my 7th year anniversary is coming up. Pretty excited.

With the asstricks, I can't figure out what your wife gave you. A toolbox? adaptor? dessert? Ottoman? I'm stumped!

With the asstricks, I can't figure out what your wife gave you. A toolbox? adaptor? dessert? Ottoman? I'm stumped!

It's one of these Dawg....

blow-pop.jpg

Based on the history of Iowa Football the program is in good shape. In the 2 years prior to Iowa's previous championship teams (1896, 1899, 1900, [1921 1922], 1956, 1958, 1981, 1985, 1990, 2002, 2004) the teams combined winning percentage is 58%. That is exactly what Iowa's last 2 seasons have been, 58%. This is a good spot to be in based on history, such a perfect match is good for this team. I look forward to seeing this team do what those other teams did!

A couple weeks ago I had said you needed to clean something's up and execute your trolling better.

This is a better effort, it's atleast funny in its absurdity.

Just curious Nick. Do you have a disability? Are you on the spectrum?

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I believe my wife is but no official diagnosis. ☺

Latest posts