"Iowa is Cook and roster of mid major players"

Lol, jesus...

You’ve apparently never seen Lonnie Walker or Gary Trent play maybe? Do you follow college hoops?

Lol you mean to tell me they are actually better with someone guarding them tightly? Mmhmm go on.

We have the 3rd ranked D-1 basketball team in the state of Iowa. Let that fact sink in when you are trying to defend keeping Gutless Gary or Fran McCaffery.

Lol you mean to tell me they are actually better with someone guarding them tightly? Mmhmm go on.
Apparently you either didn’t read, or couldn’t comprehend my post. I said Bohannon doesn’t play for shit when he’s under pressure and defenders come out to meet him as opposed to zone defense. It’s the truth.

More rounded shooting guards like Walker and Trent (and a lot of others) can play against man coverage which is what makes them good. They create shots instead of pulling up just beyond half court and launching threes every time they see pressure. In fact, guys like that get double teamed and still score big points. Bohannon lacks that in his game and that’s what keeps him from being a top level player. There’s a reason those guys only play a year and leave—they all have more than one part of their games that is dangerous.

Look I’m obviously not John Wooden but come on. You have to be able to see what’s going on if you watch the games.

Apparently you either didn’t read, or couldn’t comprehend my post. I said Bohannon doesn’t play for shit when he’s under pressure and defenders come out to meet him as opposed to zone defense. It’s the truth.

More rounded shooting guards like Walker and Trent (and a lot of others) can play against man coverage which is what makes them good. They create shots instead of pulling up just beyond half court and launching threes every time they see pressure. In fact, guys like that get double teamed and still score big points. Bohannon lacks that in his game and that’s what keeps him from being a top level player. There’s a reason those guys only play a year and leave—they all have more than one part of their games that is dangerous.

Look I’m obviously not John Wooden but come on. You have to be able to see what’s going on if you watch the games.

Lol why would you be comparing Jbo to 1 and done talent? That's just plain silly. Your earlier point was that the kid is better at scoring against soft defense....well duh so is everybody.

Jbo is a 6'0 sharpshooter. He is only a Sophomore. There is time to develop better ball skills and a better first step. Will it happen? I can't say with certainty, but it is nonsense to think that you must have it the day you arrive on campus

Last edited:
He is a good shooter, and has athleticism for a bigger guy. He has talent, but needs to develop. I think confidence is his biggest issue. He makes a mistake, and Fran just yanks him. A competent coaching staff could turn his skill set into a solid BIG player.
Let’s not go overboard on the athleticism

Latest posts