Iowa is a Better Program than Nebraska Right Now

ChosenChildren

I'm confused by the many arrogant Nebraska fans I keep hearing from, many of whom are adopting the attitude that they will "dominate" the Big Ten. Nebraska is 63 wins, 38 losses the past 8 years (62%). This was done in an extremely weak Big 12 north.

Iowa is 70-31 over the same span.

Iowa is the better program right now.

I'm confused by the many arrogant Nebraska fans I keep hearing from, many of whom are adopting the attitude that they will "dominate" the Big Ten. Nebraska is 63 wins, 38 losses the past 8 years (62%). This was done in an extremely weak Big 12 north.

They have multiple NCs since 1980, we have none. So in their minds they will always be better, no matter what the record this decade points to.

Bingo. You are absolutely correct.

I can't wait for that first Nebraska-Iowa game. This is going to be a very spirited rivalry.

Nebby......come and get ur whoopin - Penn state style!

IOWA - we own penn st and next yr. nebby too

Be careful here. I am a die hard Hawk living in Omaha. Callahan is gone. Pelini has done a fantastic job in 2 years. Once they upgrade the experience and talent on offense, they will be very tough. It will be a great rivalry, but don't assume Iowa will roll them, or they can't beat B10 top teams, cause B12 is probably better than B10 top to bottom. They can and will. Only issue is whether Watson is the right Offensive Coordinator.

I don't agree that the B12 is better than the B10 at the top or at the bottom. We have 3 traditional powers that over time will match their three traditional powers. Our next tier, IA & WI have BCS bowl victories in the past 10 years. Whe was the last time any B12 team outside of their Big 3 won a BCS game? B12 fans point to our bowl record but we play a much tougher series of bowl games every year. OSU loses two BCS title games to the SEC and we get torched but the B12 is 0-3 against the SEC in in BCS title games.

Can't argue with Nebraska tradition but we have been better since Osborne left and Ferntz got his feet on the ground. They have no geographic advantage and we have much higher profile coach.

Why do you have to use the last 8 years? Why not just go with the last full decade? From 200-2009 the winning percentages are
Iowa 64%
Nebraska 67%
This was brought up on the other site also and in that time frame Nebby has went through 3 coaching changes and it could be considered one of their worst decades ever and one of our best. Even in their worst decade their record is still better than ours.

This series will be a slugfest.I don't see either team pounding the other,even in years when we won't have the teams we have now.It will be a physical game every time and I just don't see either team blowing out the other.I think we are evenly matched.

Why do you have to use the last 8 years? Why not just go with the last full decade? From 200-2009 the winning percentages are
Iowa 64%
Nebraska 67%
This was brought up on the other site also and in that time frame Nebby has went through 3 coaching changes and it could be considered one of their worst decades ever and one of our best. Even in their worst decade their record is still better than ours.

Nebraska hasn't beat a team that finished the season ranked in 8 years. That's a long long time. There are not many teams that can say that. Not even Iowa State.

Over the course of history, Nebraska is the better program.

Right NOW, Iowa is the better program. I base that on looking at what each of the two programs has done in the past 5-10 years.

Times change, and that will continue to be the case. Who knows who will have the better program 5-10 years from now. Might still be Iowa, might be Nebraska. My gut feeling is that both programs will be pretty even in the years to come. I don't anticipate Nebraska ever getting back to where they were in the 90's, although I do expect them to hold their own.

Be careful here. I am a die hard Hawk living in Omaha. Callahan is gone. Pelini has done a fantastic job in 2 years. Once they upgrade the experience and talent on offense, they will be very tough. It will be a great rivalry, but don't assume Iowa will roll them, or they can't beat B10 top teams, cause B12 is probably better than B10 top to bottom. They can and will. Only issue is whether Watson is the right Offensive Coordinator.
I too am close to Huskerville. Pelini has not really done anything but rally the fanbase in 2 years. He is unproven against top teams(believe they have an awful record against rated teams)...he is not a public speaker, he is out of control on the sideline. His defense has stepped up but they are woefully inept on offense. I feel because Bo doesn't know crap about offense and Watson is not a great O coordinator. The B12 North has not been as tough as the B10 the last 5 years...NO WAY.

Last edited:
I'd recommend that you not use "will" and "came" in the same sentence.....future and past tense shouldn't be combined. Welcome to the Big Ten NU grads!

I'd recommend that you not take yourself so seriously. The point was made and taken. But hey, if I was a hawk fan I'd aruge grammar too. Because when the Huskers get to the B10 you won't have much else to brag about in that series.

I'd recommend that you not take yourself so seriously. The point was made and taken. But hey, if I was a hawk fan I'd aruge grammar too. Because when the Huskers get to the B10 you won't have much else to brag about in that series.

Burn

Latest posts