Iowa is 9.5 opening dog to Wisconsin

At this point no one respects the Iowa passing game. Guys will be running free all game if DH could just hit 4 or 5 of them, they could actually win it. Unfortunately, I don’t think he can connect on those 4 or 5.

The only thing that gives me any hope is Deacon does take some shots down field. They are off by 10 yards but he will uncork it. If we can hit one early itll open the field up big time.

If not I doubt we get 100 total yards.

Deacon just had typical first start jitters. Iowa 42, Wisconsin 17, with 7 of those coming against our backups on defense. We will get down early and Deacon will stop listening to Brian and call a different play in the huddle.

There was one game with Drew Tate and it was late in the game and Kirk called something conservative (shocking I know) and there’s like a tv timeout so the offense is on the field forever and you can see the offense telling Drew to change the play, the whole stadium could see this going on and was cheering them on.

He eventually did what was called but after the game Kirk basically said if he changed it he would benched.

I think Iowa’s best shot vs Bucky comes down to solid D, good special teams and big plays on O. We are not going to run the clock with time of possession. A breakaway in the run game, an unexpected TD in the passing game, as in the Purdue win, and no more Field Goal misses. Maybe Iowa scores 20 points and the D takes a step up and holds WI to 17.

BTW, the weather. Cool, windy, gusts, and rain. Who ya’ got?

This is the first offensive test for Wisconsin. The best defense they have faced is Rutgers. Wisconsin commits more penalties than Iowa. Wisconsin is ranked 56 nationally in scoring defense vs IA at 16.

IA left at least 10 points on the field vs Purdue. I'm saying don't use score as a comparison with PU and WI.

I'm not a bettor, but 9+ is questionable. Someone mentioned weather maybe a factor. I think you may be surprised by the results. I hope I'm right.

Throw it deep. Maybe you complete it. Maybe you get a pass interference call. Maybe you throw an interception. Who knows. Deacon can throw as far as Tory punts. Nothing to lose. Go Hawks.
Just throw a "hail-Mary" every pass play...I like it. I anoint you the new O-coordinator...not even being facetious!

Just throw a "hail-Mary" every pass play...I like it. I anoint you the new O-coordinator...not even being facetious!
My mother-in-law, who knows next to nothing about football, doesn't understand why Notre Dame doesn't throw a hail-Mary on every play. She genuinely gets worked up about it if ND is struggling. Comical and annoying at the same time.

Don't count hawks out. Remember 2017 vs Ohio St? Who thought we would dominate Ohio State? USC in the bowl game?
Was at the Ohio St game....pick 6 to start game happened right in front of us. That was awesome! Awesome game. USC game was awesome.

I think both of those Iowa teams were better than this outfit......you are right you never know.

Was at the Ohio St game....pick 6 to start game happened right in front of us. That was awesome! Awesome game. USC game was awesome.

I think both of those Iowa teams were better than this outfit......you are right you never know.

That Ohio game was one of the greatest games ever played. I remember the one in '04 as well. In '04 my buddy and I sat in the stadium in disbelief until they shut the scoreboard off and Per Mar kicked us out. Hard to believe that next year will mark the 20th anniversary of Ferentz's last conference crown.